has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Cashnow

Posted by Greg in Dallas on September 03, 2002 at 18:45:34:

Luke,

Is that all there is to it? Then what is Buju talking about?

Thanks,
Greg

has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Cashnow

Posted by Cashnow on August 30, 2002 at 11:48:56:

I’m thinking of buying Scott Rister Course on Marketing, just wanted to know has anyone used it, and what is you’re opinion about the course… good or bad…any opinion would help.
Cashnow

How much… - Posted by Buju

Posted by Buju on August 31, 2002 at 20:19:24:

Are you guys getting for the testimonial. I have the course and admit the course is great. It comes with alot of material. But the software has ALOT of room for improvement. Too many of the processes are manual. Such as when creating your database you must MANUALLY enter all the contact information one by one. No list import utility? Then once you’ve entered all that you must then MANUALLY fold, stuff, lick, stamp and repeat. Imagine having a list of several hundred names/addresses on a potential list? I am in no way saying anything negative on the goal in mind which is direct marketing at your fingertips. But there is definately room for improvement in the software in terms of functionality. Scott Rister really put a good course together… hopefully once he gets better software he’ll at least cut us a great deal on the upgrade!

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by MRG

Posted by MRG on August 30, 2002 at 18:52:53:

A MUST BUY.!!!

Its what I use for all my letters that go out. Plus his book covers in great detail how to get every marketing concept up and running. He even tells you where to put your bandit signs (lol). Great Course.!!!

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Doug ON

Posted by Doug ON on August 30, 2002 at 17:26:31:

I have it. Lots of great information including some ideas I’ve never seen posted on any of the REI sites. Tons and tons of form letters for every situation you can think of. If you want a course specific to real estate marketing, I think Scott’s is excellent.

Re: How much… - Posted by Greg in Dallas

Posted by Greg in Dallas on September 03, 2002 at 17:17:08:

Buju,

I appreciate your candid post. I do have one question though. Do you know of a program out there that will “fold, stuff, lick, stamp and repeat.” :)-(Smile) If so, please let me know. I’m curious as to what a machine like that would cost.

Thanks again for your post! I just ordered the course, and the importing feature (or lack thereof) is a major bummer. I was really looking forward to being able to import from the foreclosure lists.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on September 03, 2002 at 17:09:25:

MRG,
Is there a way to import address databases into the program (like the foreclosure lists), or do you have to manually type in the names and addresses, etc?

I just ordered the course. It hasn’t arrived just yet.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by David G (OR)

Posted by David G (OR) on August 31, 2002 at 15:13:35:

How has your response rate been? Is it true that the reponse rate increases after the 2nd and 3rd mailing? Who does he suggest to mail your letters to?

David G.

Where Can You Purchase His Course? - Posted by Sharon(MO)

Posted by Sharon(MO) on August 30, 2002 at 19:41:38:

nt.

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Dion

Posted by Dion on August 31, 2002 at 23:25:54:

Where can I find Scott Rister’s Marketing course? Is on the creonline market place?

Re: How much… - Posted by ginger

Posted by ginger on November 12, 2002 at 14:44:32:

Would you like to sell you course?

Re: How much…Yes you can import - Posted by Luke

Posted by Luke on September 03, 2002 at 18:06:44:

Open up the program folder on your C drive. You will see a MS Access file that has all of the contacts. Just open the category that you want and use the Access import feature.

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Luke

Posted by Luke on September 03, 2002 at 18:09:34:

Yes you can import

Re: has anyone used Scott Rister Marketing course - Posted by Doug ON

Posted by Doug ON on September 01, 2002 at 07:59:36:

I bought it at www.reidepot.com

Re: How much…Yes you can import - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on November 25, 2002 at 21:08:31:

I must be brain dead. I do see an access folder but it does not give me the opportunity to open any files. There is nothing when I open the access file. I looked under the c drive.

Any thoughts?

Terry (Houston)

What am I missing.