guess this board isn't for those who wish for help. - Posted by George

Posted by Linda (Phx) on September 12, 2000 at 11:14:55:

I have to admit, I think all of us getting started all want a little too much hand holding. I am guilty of it too. I think an experienced friend is great but I think the best thing we can do is just absorb all of the great information here and just learn as much as we can and just experience it for ourselves. We should just believe in our own abilities to be successful in this business.

guess this board isn’t for those who wish for help. - Posted by George

Posted by George on September 11, 2000 at 20:08:22:

I had posted that I was looking for a mentor and now it is gone. I guess the powers that be don’t want newbies asking for help. Espically for mentors

I’m not picking on you George! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on September 11, 2000 at 20:41:29:

We take down "dozens of postings each day that are simply “Notices”:

“I want a mentor”
“I want a lender”
“I want a copy of…”
“I want to contact investors near me”

Etc, etc, etc,

The purpose of this news group (and the others on this site) is to serve as an open forum for people to discuss their questions and ideas, not as a “Notice” board to make contact and talk quietly (so we all can’t learn from the great dicussion that happens) when you find that person who can answer your question.

This site has been very successful by requiring that participants openly ask their questions and let us learn with them. There are literialy THOUSANDS of “Mentors” at your finger-tips. Just ask the questions. Many times you will find a very experienced person (who has been answering your questions) who may have just the right club for you to join or maybe refer you to a mentor right in your on back yard!

The trick is to learn who the players are around here and let them offer you direction.

This site has served to mentor THOUSANDS of people all over the nation. Many, Many of them have never spent a dime with us, but asked questions on the different forums, read all the “How-To” Articles, Success Stories, money Making Ideas, etc, etc, etc…

And gone right out and made money! (See the Success Stories Section.)

I’m not picking on you George…I’m just trying to keep this a "Discussion Forum and NOT a "Notice Posting board.