GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by Don (Tn)

Posted by Don Wilson (OK) on February 08, 2006 at 18:13:10:

Jad:

Its 12 new notes per month for 1 year and your set…

DW

GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by Don (Tn)

Posted by Don (Tn) on February 07, 2006 at 21:34:51:

This newbie finally pulled the trigger today! I bought a 1985 Horton 2/1 in good shape in a real nice park for 3500.00. I figure a good days work and about $150.00 will make it nice. I plan to lonnie it for $8000.00 but will take a little less for a fast cash sale!
Despite reading both of Lonnie’s books, I paid the asking price for the home because the seller was not motivated and really too busy with work to care whether he sold it or not. I bought it because it seemed to be a relatively safe deal for the first one and I feel confident that I can double my money. Of course if I could have gotten it for atleast 500.00 less I would feel better just because i did!
A week ago I forced myself to GOTC and placed an ad in the paper for a mobile home for sale with owner financing (even though I did’nt have one)and the phone rang off the hook. I got at least 20 calls and took everyones name and number and information. Probably 6 of them are buyers of some sort, and 3 said they are looking to pay cash. I am not counting my chickens yet, but things don’t look too bad.
Wish me luck, and I would like to thank all of the posters here for the wisdom on this board and encouraging people to GOTC!!

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by Bobbie

Posted by Bobbie on February 09, 2006 at 02:42:30:

Hi Don,
Congratulations! I’m also new to this world. Started in August. Have 3 mobiles so far.

Been stuck in the house (not on the couch) for the last 4 weeks taking care of a litter of English Bulldog Puppies.

Today was my first day out. Felt good, I needed a speed bump fix. Went to present an offer on a s/w and got it. Noticed the d/w next door was for sale. Talked to the seller and picked that one up too.

While I was looking at the d/w, there was another couple there. I overheard them ask the seller if she would finance. They were still standing in the front room while I completed the deal. I told them I just purchased the house. They were stunned. I told them not to worry. We would fix it up very nice and sell it WITH FINANCING. They couldn’t give us their names and phone number fast enough!! Bought and possibly sold in less than 45 minutes.

Now I have 5 trailers. I just love this business.

Happy day,
Bobbie
P.S. The seller of the d/w heard me mention financing and said she has a list of names to give me. She had a lot of calls from people wanting financing. Fortunately for me – she took names and phone numbers. Yippee

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by CR Smith

Posted by CR Smith on February 08, 2006 at 09:15:35:

Congrats Don. I need to pull the trigger myself. I’ve been looking around, having some business cards made up, but I’m thinking I need to move faster.
Just curious, in your ad, did you specify what you had for sale, and if so, what?
My problem with all this right now is that I still don’t know anything about mobile homes, and am looking for a source to learn more about them.

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on February 08, 2006 at 06:57:41:

Congrats on pulling the trigger, that first deal is the hardest and it sounds like you’re off to a good start… Now all ya gota do is run your buyer list through the home create a sweet note or grab the cash and repeat!

Fair Warning though, after you see first hand how easy it can be to make money with mobiles it can get addictive!

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

looking fwd to many stories, and lsns learned - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on February 07, 2006 at 23:36:22:

congrats - oh shoot! the Shield in nine minutes!

;-)3

Gidy-up - Posted by Don Wilson (OK)

Posted by Don Wilson (OK) on February 07, 2006 at 22:58:45:

Your off to the races buddy, you GOYA. Congratulations. Now do it again!!

Happy hunting,

DW

sounds like even your dogs are off the couch! - Posted by Anne_LLC

Posted by Anne_LLC on February 09, 2006 at 08:55:49:

You rock, Bobbie!

I bet those puppies are C-U-T-E!!

Anne

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by Don (Tn)

Posted by Don (Tn) on February 08, 2006 at 22:31:55:

My ad read:

OWNER FINANCING
2 Br mobile home in
excellent condition.
In nice park. $8000
with flexable terms.

I kind of patterened my ad after Lonnie’s advice. When people called I just told them that this home was not available but I found out about them and their needs. i let them know that I would be having some more homes and that I would get back to them when I found something that “fit” them. So, I have a good start on a “buyers” list.
CR, I dont know anything about mobile homes either. At this point I am relying mostly on this board, Lonnie’s books and horse sense to guide me. If I looked to anyone else for advice on this they would say i was just crazy! Just as well, competition is not always good.

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on February 08, 2006 at 14:10:59:

Addictive is an understatement… Just ask my wife.
(maybe we need a 12 step program… :slight_smile:

Re: sounds like even your dogs are off the couch! - Posted by Bobbie

Posted by Bobbie on February 09, 2006 at 10:29:08:

Anne,

Thanks for the reply. The puppies are darling. If you know about English Bulldogs, you know there is nothing cuter than a baby bullie. They are born looking like they chase parked cars! Too cute for words.

Happy day,
Bobbie

Re: GOTC (Got off the couch) - Posted by CR Smith

Posted by CR Smith on February 09, 2006 at 09:26:12:

This is exactly what I needed. I’m trying to follow the formula as much as possible, and you just gave me a crucial ingredient.
Muchas gracias Don!