Google Maps to Find Parks - Posted by JackF(FL)

Posted by JackF(FL) on September 22, 2009 at 07:20:34:

Hi Brian,
It is a great graphic tool, isn’t it! Last evening, I brought up my service territoy in Google Maps. Then I was able to print it. I have it posted on a wall in our office. I will also carry a copy with me as a reference. Jack

Google Maps to Find Parks - Posted by JackF(FL)

Posted by JackF(FL) on September 21, 2009 at 07:03:57:

This tip may have appeared on this forum before, yet it is worth repeating. For those working to locate viable parks to work in (or purchase), Google Maps is a quick, interactive tool. www.googlemaps.com For example, you want to see the mobile home parks in Fulton County, GA. When Google Maps comes up, simply type “mobile home parks in …”, and that geographic area will appear with small red circles indicating the mobile home parks. The interactive part comes when you place the mouse pointer over one of the red dots, then click to open it. Boom - name, address, phone number, web site pop up.
My wife and I used this tool to find two clean family parks yesterday (that we were unaware of) and got a couple of deals cooking today! Jack

Low tech way - Posted by roundhouse

Posted by roundhouse on September 25, 2009 at 19:52:50:

A really low tech way to find them is get a good map, and visit a fire station on a Saturday morning with a box of coffee and several boxes of doughnuts.

Ask them to mark where the MHPs are, they will also know which ones to avoid, you know, the ones that have all the stabbings, domestic violence calls, meth labs etc.

Re: Google Maps to Find Parks - Posted by Ari Kumpis

Posted by Ari Kumpis on September 24, 2009 at 16:42:34:

Wow. Thanks for the great tip!

Re: Google Maps to Find Parks - Posted by Brian ¶

Posted by Brian ¶ on September 21, 2009 at 22:06:20:

Thanks for the tip Jack! Google is scarey it’s so good. In some areas of the U.S., the Street view is amazing.

Re: Low tech way - Posted by JackF (FL)

Posted by JackF (FL) on September 27, 2009 at 05:32:26:

Great point roundhouse! That was brought up at Ryan Needler’s Boot Camp last month in Morganton, NC. As I recall, the Fire House technique could also be used as a means to finding troubled MHP’s that may be purchased at a big discount. Jack

Re: Google Maps to Find Parks - Posted by JackF (FL)

Posted by JackF (FL) on September 24, 2009 at 19:47:48:

Your welcome. There is a free download called IrfanView. http://www.irfanview.com/ You will be able to copy from GoogleMaps then paste into Irfarview. Once image is in IrfarView, you can crop only the information you want. This will help. Jack

The Local Guides Program, developed by Google, is a community-based initiative that encourages individuals to share their local knowledge and experiences to improve Google Maps. here you can visit https://techshali.com/local-guide-program/ Participants, known as Local Guides, contribute by writing reviews, uploading photos, and providing accurate information about places on the platform. By doing so, they help users make informed decisions and discover new destinations. The program offers various benefits based on the level of contribution, including early access to new features and exclusive events. Local Guides also have the opportunity to connect with fellow enthusiasts through an online community. The Local Guides Program fosters a sense of community engagement and empowers individuals to make a positive impact by enhancing the accuracy and usefulness of Google Maps for users worldwide.