Good Attorney (HELP!!!) - Posted by Eric Jessen

Posted by Eric Jessen on July 27, 2001 at 20:59:54:

I need a legal interpretation on a potentially “grey area”.

Good Attorney (HELP!!!) - Posted by Eric Jessen

Posted by Eric Jessen on July 27, 2001 at 16:31:08:

HELP!!! I am in need a top-notch residential real estate attorney in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area of Florida. I need a lawyer who understands creative real estate investing and the intricacies of Florida real estate contract law…especially creative, unconventional closings. I have spoken to two “Real Estate Attorneys” from the Yellow Pages. When I described what I wanted to do, they looked at me like I had just sprouted two heads. Anything more than representing buyers at “standard closings” was inconceivable to either one.

I only need about an hour of their time, but they need to know their stuff. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Isn’t that an Oxymoron? nt - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on July 29, 2001 at 23:50:10:

Hey! I said “nt.”

Re: Good Attorney (HELP!!!) - Posted by Ray S(FL)

Posted by Ray S(FL) on July 27, 2001 at 16:49:52:


Have you tried contacting the Investors Real Estate Association. “Wealth Builders” is the name of it. Talk to Craig or Jeff. the number is 727-593-5626.

I am in lakeland and my attorney does whatever is legal. If you want his info email direct. I have done subject to deals, agreement for deed, whatever is legal.


Re: Good Attorney (HELP!!!) - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on July 27, 2001 at 17:39:26:

Why do you need an attorney? A standard title closing company can handle anything you need on purchasing and selling. We only use attorneys when there is something requiring a legal interpertation or a foreclosure or something of that nature. Anything else you can do your self. Most attorneys, as you have found out, are not familiar with creative real estate investing. What is it you need him to do?