getting started - Posted by lance

Posted by wpage on May 07, 2010 at 20:57:31:

Hello Lee Getting enough revenue to work full time investing in real estate depends on the market your in and how hard you work at it. It also depends on how hungry you are to succeed, as well as what type of investing your doing. There are many, many ways to make money investing. You can buy and hold, you can wholesale, you can do sandwich lease options, you can partner with other people. The list is endless. Start by studying, find someone in the business that is willing to give you advice and guidance, and be careful what you are investing in. Remember, you make your money when you buy and not when you sell!! I’ve been in this business for 36 years and I have been full time for 34 years. My first year I made $8400. on my job but I made part time $22,000. investing and that was starting in the minus of $10,000. of debt.
Ron Starr says 10-15 years but that seems like forever to me, however he does give great advice on how to begin. Like I said it depends on how bad you want it.

getting started - Posted by lance

Posted by lance on April 28, 2010 at 17:20:59:

Hello there,

I’m new to the real estate world. I wanted to know if anybody knew
where in boston,ma where I can take free real estate courses.

Re: getting started - Posted by wpage

Posted by wpage on April 30, 2010 at 19:47:54:

Hi Lance Here is an article by Ronald Starr that you should read. It will give you some food for thought. good luck.

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2003//arc_60/60981.html

Re: getting started - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on May 03, 2010 at 01:25:26:

I noticed that Ronald Starr said that it would take about 10-15 years to generate enough income to replace your day job if you are doing it part time and a few years less if you are doing it full time. That seems like a very long time.