getting started - Posted by Debbie kelly

Posted by Joe(NY) on June 05, 2001 at 12:08:34:

nt

getting started - Posted by Debbie kelly

Posted by Debbie kelly on June 04, 2001 at 13:09:20:

I have the full carlton sheets info sitting in the closet, never been used!

How do i get started and does this really work?

Re: getting started - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on June 04, 2001 at 16:25:38:

It you wish to keep it in the closet you will need a light in there to read it. Other wise you will have to get Carlton Sheets info “out of the closet”. Once you do this, read it,study it and apply the tecniques, then yes, it will work.

Sorry, Couldn’t resist… best wishes and Good luck to you!

Mark

Getting started - Does it work? - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on June 04, 2001 at 15:31:18:

Let me ask you a couple of questions. Do you know anyone who owns their own home? Yes? Have they owned it for several years? Has it gone up in value? Yes? Are houses more expensive in your area now than they were 2 years, 10 years, 20 years ago? Do you know anyone who has made money on their house or other real estate? Where do you think house prices are going in the future? Up or down? If you want to buy a house do you think it will cost you more money 10 years from now or less?

If you know anyone who has made money on an investment chances are it is real estate, even if it is only owning their own home and seeing it go up over the years as they live there.

I want you to prove OF YOUR OWN KNOWLEGE that it’s possible to make money in real estate investing, at least in theory.

I could actually give you examples of “nothing down” deals as far back as the 1820’s but what would it mean to you?

The Carleton Sheets course is full of ideas that are old as the hills. They worked before and they still work. Study the course and start looking around at real estate. Go to open houses on the weekend, talk to real estate agents, best of all talk to experienced investors. Notice I am not asking you to spend a cent or commit yourself to anything.

If you ask around sooner or later you will meet people who have made a lot of money in real estate or at least hear about them. In this case a lot of money means over $10,000.

You will also hear a lot of criticism of Carleton Sheets. This is because of all the newbies who take his course and rush right out to buy 10 houses for nothing down the first day. Real estate agents consider them pests, for good reason.

If you were going to take up any profession first you would have to get the training, then serve an apprenticeship, then after many years be considered and expert. Real estate investing is no different. But you can still get started a lot easier than most professions.

I suggest you first buy your own home to live in. Use the creative techniques. If you are not in a hurry you can hold out for a real good deal. The worst that can happen is, you will get a bargain on a house. What’s to lose? Later you may decide to do lease options, or apartments, or renovations or something else. But at least you should own your own home.

Remember that the idea is to get a good deal and make some money. It doesn’t matter if you don’t copy any one guru exactly, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t get the property for nothing down. Use the resources you have to the best effect. Learn the techniques in the course you have, get books from the library, surf the net, talk to people, do whatever works best for you.

Re: getting started - Posted by Tony (CA)

Posted by Tony (CA) on June 04, 2001 at 15:11:54:

I don’t mean to flippant, but you can’t get started unless you first educate yourself. Break open the cellophane wrapper on the course and read it. Sheets will just give you an introduction. Read the Success Stories and How To Articles on this web site and all the posts. Then read everything again. Educate yourself. Ask questions on this board after you’ve begun reading.

To answer the second part of you question, it really works! But it is not some get-rich-quick scheme. It does take some work, but the rewards are there.

Tony