GETTING STARTED - Posted by BUBBA

Posted by Gary on November 30, 2005 at 22:25:38:

BUBBA kinda touchy ain’t he?

GETTING STARTED - Posted by BUBBA

Posted by BUBBA on November 29, 2005 at 22:59:41:

I CANT WAIT TO GET MY BOOKS AND LEARN ALL THE ENDS AND OUTS. IS IT OK TO DRINK BEER WITH POTENTIAL BUYERS TO LEARN THE REAL STORY OF EM AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY WILL PAY AND WILL BE GOOD PEOPLE TO FINANCE TO? IVE BEEN RIDING THE BUMPS THE LAST FEW DAYS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKE SUM LONNIE DEALS AND START MAKIN SUM REAL MONEY. I HATE WORKIN FOR OTHER PEOPLE THATS WHY THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE FOR ME.

BUBBA

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by Dale…SC

Posted by Dale…SC on December 04, 2005 at 13:16:36:

Let me say something about this situation BUBBA…GO FOR IT!..Like my favorite author…Robert Shemin states in a book that he has wrote…Make Offers,Make Offers,Make Offers…no matter how bad you are or how little you know…if you make enough offers your bound to get lucky…it sounds like you got the right idea of what you want to do. I was at my local REIA meeting and they had a speaker a few months back that really hit it straight on…he made the comment that after investing for 20 years…he started when he was 18…he said that the biggest reason why he was so succesfull after all those years…still to this day he is not afraid to ask questions…the ones that are afraid to ask questions are the ones that are behind the game…Dont let fear hold you back…and the biggest key is to be able to laugh at yourself from time to time…Good Luck…and Go for it!..May I add one more thing the speaker I spoke about has 38 of his favorite cars…his own personal Cessna Plane in his garage…off the side of his personall golf course…that is right next to his wife’s horse ranch…like I stated he was 18 when he got started…he had $1000 cash…and a Datsun…he paid his way through college through Real Estate deals…and after graduating he decided to pursue real estate full time…he still has not ever had a job that he had to trade his hours for dollars…WHY?..because he wasnt ever afraid to ask if he didnt know…and he bases his negotiations around the sellers needs and desries…Basically he fits in with the people he deals with.

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by Don-NY

Posted by Don-NY on December 01, 2005 at 06:47:21:

Well Bubba,
Now that your hazing is over, welcome aboard! We all (well most of us anyways) want you to succeed in this business and you will not believe what a difference it makes to the people you will be dealing with to look at least somewhat professional. Just trying to get you to start thinking like an investor. We got a huge (to us anyhow) compliment last week when a new tennant said we must do this as a business because we were the most professional landlords she ever dealt with. :slight_smile: Good luck, Go out and make it happen!
Don

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by BUBBA va

Posted by BUBBA va on November 30, 2005 at 16:00:53:

Yes, your right. i have never heard of spell check or caps lock. I was just asking a few questions and i get joked on by 3 people. Im sorry that im not a high class type of guy that goes for good grammer on everything i wrote. I did’nt know that i was being graded on what i wrote in here. There are plenty of post that i cant read that good because of misspellings. I dont look at these people any different then me. I was just looking for an anwser or too from the folk that i read about every night for hours at a time. I look at your postings and get excited about doin deals myself, and then when i write in i get made fun of. Im 24 been in the old car parts business for 8 years now and i know a good deal about the ins and outs of business. I would have never made fun of a young person for putting his “2 cents” in. But, to answer the one statement. it aint nuffin but budweiser and marboral reds for this here cletus. lmfao. Hope i didnt make anyone mad by venting but i had to get that off my chest. Anyone else working in va?

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by MariettaMike

Posted by MariettaMike on November 30, 2005 at 11:38:48:

You can sit down and have beer but has to be a PBR. Don’t want none of that fancy schmancy beer.
Also, bring a pack of Lucky Strikes and Kools.
To really close the deal, give them a nice compliment about the El Camino sitting on blocks.

MariettaMike

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on November 30, 2005 at 06:44:40:

Cletus?

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by Don-NY

Posted by Don-NY on November 30, 2005 at 06:06:58:

BUBBA, If you are for real I have 4 words for you. Caps lock, Spell check.

Re: GETTING STARTED - Posted by Bubba

Posted by Bubba on December 04, 2005 at 21:39:55:

Thanks man, i needed those words of wisdom. I drove through one of the bigger parks in my area, and i have several homes to call about tomorrow. Im sure one of them will lead to a deal.Im still waitin on those books to get here but i believe that i could go ahead and strike a deal up with my prior knowledge of real estate and repairs. Wish me luck!

Bubba

I read about this Cloning stuff - Posted by Cletus

Posted by Cletus on December 02, 2005 at 24:33:59:

but I’ve always been sheepish about it. So I guess the answer is no. They wanted to make a movie about me. I said “not unless I get to approve the trailer”. Their lawyers told me I won’t have any editing rights. That wasn’t the trailer I was talking about. It’s a big world out there. I have a lot to learn. All the best, JeffB.

Cletus