getting started and moving too slow - Posted by Bill Moran

Posted by Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy on December 07, 2000 at 09:23:21:

Wow! 10 houses a month? That’d be sweet! :slight_smile: How many offers a month do you make Steve?

G-Man

getting started and moving too slow - Posted by Bill Moran

Posted by Bill Moran on December 06, 2000 at 23:56:40:

Need help. I can’t pinpoint what I’m doing wrong. I live in Tampa and its saturated with investors. all the good deals are gone before I get there. I quit my job after I saw the money being made in my area. Now I’m not making enough to cover my bills. I’ve been to Legrands w/r boot camp. I’ve got more books and tapes than I can count. I wanted to learn everything about the business that I could. I’m still going to seminars and probaly always will, you can never get enough info, right. I joined my local asso., which is great, but! I’ve done a couple of rehabs { did all the work myself] what a mistake. they were profitable though. I also did a couple subject to deals. Now everything has come to a halt. I just can’t find the good deals before other investors snap them up. I need some direction. Help! and thanks

all too common - Posted by JCPerry_NH

Posted by JCPerry_NH on December 07, 2000 at 10:13:04:

Bill –
I am just getting out of the same position that you seem to be in. I quit my job in March after the CREonline convention… I did well and then things started picking up very well. Then I began to rest on my laurels, and slow down the buying machine (Thanks to Steve Cook for bringing this up—) I was not making offers, I was complaining that this market stinks and I can’t get anything done.
Then, I decided that either I am going to have to get a stupid JOB…or make it in Real Estate. I even thought of delivering papers in the am to make a couple of bucks…No way.
You can make way too much money in this business with all too little effort –
Keep your chin up, listen to some motivational tapes – Napolean Hill (think and grow rich) Anthony Robbins, Brian Tracey (psychology of achievement) etc… Whatever you do, do something that keeps the fire burning in your belly and keeps your mind looking for opportunity.
Now, one month after my whining episode, I have one property both bot and sold for a net profit of approx $10k, another that we are signing on and owning subject to for an outlay of only 2500.00 (house is worth 120k) – already have a t/buyer for it, and 2 other properties that should go under contract shortly.
Regardless of what I have going on – It all came from changing my attitude, putting the car in gear (rather than neutral or reverse) – and moving forward.
Things will change my friend, if you want them to change bad enough (…just thinking of getting up at 400am in the cold NH weather delivering papers, put a burr under my saddle)
Email me if you want… its always better to build a support group to keep each other motivated…
Good luck and keep it up.
Jason Perry, NH
www.nhhomebuyer.net

St. Pete/Clearwater area… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 07, 2000 at 07:56:37:

Hi Bill,

Drive over the bridge. You might come across a few deals over there.

Good luck!

Susan
Bradenton

Don’t get down - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 07, 2000 at 07:34:14:

Bill,
Evidently you have found a few good deals in the past. What were you doing then? Are you still doing the same things? Are you trying to be more careful?

I hear many people say what you are saying but there appears to be no truth to it. I live in an area that has 1000’s of other investors yet I seem to be able to buy 10+ homes per month. The key is making offers.

How many offers have you made in the last month? I would suspect that if you begin to make as many offers as I do that you to would be able to buy as many as 10 houses per month. Remember you can not buy a home without making an offer.

Steve