Get the kid off on the right foot... - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

My .01 cents worth, in that case. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 24, 2004 at 17:31:43:

Why did you come to this board in the first place if not to ask successful investors if your plan is solid from an investment standpoint. It isn’t sound. Noone agreed with you, so not you’ve got your nose out of joint. Your answer is full of selfdefensive I can’ts. I believe you, you really can’t. I never fault another human being for being born with limitations. You can’t because you are unprepared. You haven’t learned how. You have only learned how not to (so far). With your closed-minded attitude it is doubtful that you will ever know any more that you do now, probably neither will your son, if he follows in your footsteps.

So OK, teach your son how to make a living rather than how to get rich, if that’s all the hope you have for him. Surely you know his limitations better than we do.

I know someone who has taken the time to learn how to invest (which you haven’t), who recently purchased a lot and mobile home in Bullhead City AZ for $2k cash, (full pirce). I know of another one who bought a couple of acres, fenced, with mobile, In Golden Valley AZ for only $6k (full price). One can get such deals, but not without the requsite knowlege.

Those who can’t, usually say, it can’t be done. Sound familiar?

You sound like a typical welfare mother or person with employeeitis who can’t think for themselves.

Your son probably got where he is in spite of you, not because of you.

I hope you and your son don’t ever have to resort to eating advanced English and philosophy sandwiches, they won’t be so nourishing.

Brenda, maybe we are destined for each other in the next life. My advice is full of holes and so is your head.

How dare you try to beat up on my copmpassion. Now that we know each other better I have great compassion…for you son. Copmpassion is caring. I do even if you don’t.

My first post wasn’t meant to be insulting in any way. You may take this one as you wish.

Regards, doc

Re: avoid depreciation - Posted by Michael(KCMO)

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on April 24, 2004 at 17:17:11:

Brenda,

You said:
“I have to wonder how you sell these, because I dont’ know where funding for older mobiles comes from.”
In that statement you have pinned down the very essence of the opportunity that enables many of us to do what we do.

“. . . it would be handy knowledge because my local area is full of them.”
Now I’m not familiar w/ your particular market, but it sounds to me like you’re sitting on a potential gold mine . . . you just don’t know it or what to do to take advantage of it.

My advice, for what it’s worth, is to definitely order the book Philip recommended. “Deals on Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs - it’s available here on this site (and elsewhere) and costs about $30 or so. This is the total course cost and curriculum for the “Lonnie Scruggs Institute of Millionaire Makers” mentioned above by Doc. After reading it then perhaps you’ll start to see some shining nuggets of gold as well as how to make them pan out for you.

Regards,
Michael(KCMO)

private lenders - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on April 24, 2004 at 17:05:32:

Real estate investors are the banks. The terms are usually decent but not as good as a bank. Many of the buyers have very little down payment and sometimes bad credit.
In some areas local banks will loan on newer singlewides if they know the buyer VERY well, but that is not very often the case.
Investors buy them low, sell them at market value and finance them.

Philip

Re: Mouths - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on April 28, 2004 at 23:35:32:

He was out of line by insulting me and so are you. Stick to business. Leave the name calling to the 5 year olds.

Re: Not so - Posted by Barry

Posted by Barry on April 26, 2004 at 20:58:02:

So she sent you 2 obscene emails off line and then comes here and accuses YOU of sending her deragatory stuff? Sounds like she has a future in politics! I hear Kerry is looking for a VP :wink:

Barry

Re: Excellent advice. + my .02 cents worth. - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on April 25, 2004 at 03:18:52:

Put aside my irritation? Have you read what he said to me? Welfare mother? Head full of holes? My son didn’t get where he is because of me? He has compassion for my son because I don’t? What? I didn’t deserve that, and anyone can see that. I came here to ask about a subject that is new to me, I don’t have mobile home experience and I thought it would be an affordable way to get my son off to home ownership. If it’s not good to buy in a park, ok, I’ll keep looking, but there is no reason for anyone to cut me down like that. This guy, whoever he thinks he is, is way way out of line. Come on.

I suppose since there seems to be a market here for mobiles, a need for affordable housing, and a whole neighborhood full of them that needs renovating, I should pick up that book and look into what opportunities there might be with mobile homes, and reconsider buying in a park. I don’t like the idea of the lot rent going higher anyway. NOTE: the park was just sold, and the party that built it made a fortune when he sold it, just last month. It’s been there about 2 years, and it filled up fast.

Re: My .01 cents worth, in that case. - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on April 25, 2004 at 02:57:12:

Can you believe this guy? I came to this discussion to find some intelligent advice on mobile homes. I am finding some nice, tactful, good and helpful replies, except for yours. You continue to choose to cut me down and insult me, and for what? How dare you say my head is full of holes, how dare you say my son did not do well because of me but rather in spite of me, how dare you suggest he needs compassion from you as if he doesn’t get enough from me! How dare you say I don’t care about him in your last line! Wow! You’ve got some real mental problems, if that’s the way you treat people, you really are unbelievable. Do you think the Dr. in front of your name makes you some sort of God? You obviously think you are above others, and you know what? You’re not. Surprised?

If my mobile home idea was not sound, Ok. I have no issue with being wrong about the mobile home park. I will look for another possibility. I came here to talk about real estate, not to get insulted. I can’t believe anyone reading this thinks you are correct in the things you say to me, someone you have never met, that never did anything to you. There is no way we would ever be destined for each other in any life, I would never put up with something like you. Don’t ever email me again.

PS. Typical welfare mother? So you are also cutting down those in need, because of course, you are better than them. For your information, which is none of your business, I never got any welfare, never saw a food stamp, never had any help paying rent, or whatever they get. I own my own home and drive two nice cars. A grant from the government to get a kid off to school is not welfare, you fool. And if you read Robert Kiyosaki, you’d know that even he said good jobs are not secure and will not make you rich, however, he also went to college, and does not advise everyone just skip school because real estate investing is the only way to go. On the contrary, he makes it a point to say he does not mean that everyone should quit going to school. But you probably wouldn’t listen to him because after all, you are above everyone else.

Re: Not so - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on May 06, 2004 at 22:02:07:

For your information, yes, I retaliated when he sent me an email calling me an idiot. But who am I to try to defend myself??