Geography and market cycles - Posted by Chyna

Posted by Sailor on August 11, 2005 at 20:37:34:

I’d research plant & other large business moves/openings. What smaller cities are offering biz incentives? The big boys have more resources for demographic reseach & you can piggy-back your research on theirs. I 1st invested in my area because of the major chains that were investing in the nearest town. That was in the late '80s & seems to have been a good plan. Other businesses have followed suit, including a Moen plant. Employees in industries like this are good tenant prospects.

You probably wanted more specific advise, but I think reading the Wall Street Journal w/probably help you more than anything–

Tye

Geography and market cycles - Posted by Chyna

Posted by Chyna on August 11, 2005 at 19:32:47:

I’ve decided that it’s a good time to start looking for some small apartment buildings for 1031’s outside of the area where I live. I’ve been reading Marc Garrison and others who talk about market cycles and the importance of investing at the right time in the right city.

Can anyone tell me, please…if this is the right time, where is the right city? Job growth is supposedly the major indicator but there are others and I’m having trouble getting my mind around all of it.

I would appreciate some input from the more experienced investors…if you were buying small apartment buildings today, where would you be buying them? And where do I go or what do I read to be able to find this out for myself?

Many thanks,
Chyna