Generating Leads as New Loan Officer - Posted by SNM

Posted by Bob on May 09, 2003 at 09:36:38:

Here is one thing I am doing. As a rehabber, I have made contacts with real estate agents and mortgage brokers. One particular RE agent being new, as is one of the mortage brokers. One thing we all had in common was the desire to generate new leads.

I came up with the plan of doing a free “first time home buyers informational session” held one evening at a local community center. The purpose was to provide a free introductory session to help educate people on the home buying process - what is a mortgage/note? How do I get financing? How do I work with a real estate agent? etc… The agent and the broker are invited as my guest speakers to talk about their particulars in the process; broker talks about getting a pre-approval, various types of loan solutions etc. Agent talks about how to find and work with an agent, how to make a list of the house features you want etc.

It was an hour long session with me presenting information on short articles I had written for our local newspaper on “understanding notes and Mortgages” and “understanding your credit report”. With questions and answers afterwards, its an hour and a half session, where people are now armed with valuable information, and when they need an agent or a loan, hopefully the first ones they call are the nice people from the free seminar last month!!!

Generating Leads as New Loan Officer - Posted by SNM

Posted by SNM on May 09, 2003 at 08:29:17:

To successful Loan Officers out there: I am just getting into the business after investing in rehabs and rentals for the past several years. I understand the loan process (to a certain degree), but need help in generating new leads for business. I am starting with realtors I know and have done business with, financial planners (a few) and of course friends/family. What other ways are you guys getting business??

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Generating Leads as New Loan Officer - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on May 09, 2003 at 20:12:01:

Go to brokeruniverse.com then go to grapevine. Look in the archives, you will learn a lot.
Also try mortgage originator, dont remember the website, but type it in and your can read articles by experienced loan officers. Good Luck - Rich