Gauging demand for apartments - Posted by BBMW

Posted by ray@lcorn on August 22, 2011 at 10:29:12:

Yes, I meant rising rental rates (rising OCCUPANCY rates as well)… sorry about that.

My mind gets ahead of my fingers all too often!

ray

Gauging demand for apartments - Posted by BBMW

Posted by BBMW on August 15, 2011 at 14:46:12:

How would one go about gauging demand for new construction apartments in a unfamiliar area, by using commonly available data (classifieds/listings, public records, etc.)?

Re: Gauging demand for apartments - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on August 17, 2011 at 08:57:42:

Best and most accurate gauge of demand is the vacancy rate in existing buildings. Call them up and ask how many units they have available. Get rent rates. Compare amenities between existing projects, especially the newer ones. If rates are increasing, that’s another positive sign there may be a window for development.

Then check with the local government offices… planning, building or zoning… economic development… industrial council, etc. Get current building permit data, planned expansions of businesses, developments in the planning stages.

Other resources, census data, city-data.com, demographic reports (e.g. sitereports.com). Look for positive sustained population growth, good employment numbers and good income numbers.

ray

Thanks Ray, but… - Posted by BBMW

Posted by BBMW on August 21, 2011 at 22:00:52:

Are you saying that vacancy rates increasing is good?
Or was that supposed to be increasing rents?

When I lived in an apartment I had a phase III dish. I had two Directv rcvrs and used two of the outputs. When the neighbor moved in he had two Directv rcvrs and asked if he could use the other two outputs. I said yes aslong as he keeps his own account. He did and I never got billed for his useage. When he moved out, he took his rcvrs.

If you get tenants that want Directv, let them set up their own account. That way they can have whatever package they want. They can change their package, order ppv, or discontinue their service and you won’t have to pay.

Think, if a tenant orders a ppv, you will be billed for it. Also what would your other tenants with childern say because someone else ordered an adult channel or recorded an adult ppv. They will probably be angry if their child saw it and will let you know about it because it is all on one account.

You might be saving your tenants $ by having yourself and them on one account but you will be ripping off D* because tenants living in a different apartment is the same if they lived at a different address.

I don’t know what kind of problems will arise from having vod, mrv, two different programing packages and accounts one one swm system. It might be that they would need their own dish.

Thanks
Regards
Chantell Wilson
Site address:http://www.apartmentcafeteria.com
Apartment Rentals with user reviews, amenities and location Map.