Future Trends - Posted by Jim Holmes

Posted by tyler on May 02, 2003 at 07:33:09:

Jim, I’m in the same boat. I think we’d be lucky to see int. rates tick up by 2% by end of year. That being said, I think in 2 years, us buy and holders will be in the drivers seat again. Be real conservative on your purchases, landlords are starting to panick were i’m at with all the vacancies but prices are down to much yet. Hang on and buy when you see the uptick. email me if you want to discuss in more detail. good luck, it is scary -just don’t panick

Future Trends - Posted by Jim Holmes

Posted by Jim Holmes on May 02, 2003 at 24:48:57:

I’m a buy and hold investor, even though I have done two successful flips. However I have seen layoffs, low interest rates and unbeleiveable easy walk-in, no money down deals for first time buyers. It is a buyer’s market. To survive with my rentals, I have had to refinance nearly every property I own and lower rents. I would like to pick up some more property in this market, but I am a little leary of getting over extended.

In this low, stagnant period, does anyone have any idea what the next few years has in store for us? I personally believe we will see some inflation in property values. If we can hang on.

Is there anyone else have a bead on the future? Ray Alcorn…what say you?