FSBO in Colorado - Posted by Alex

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on March 04, 2003 at 14:45:42:

Go see a real estate agent and/or REALTOR in your area. Have them place both houses up for sale to get it sold with a closing date on them for June 15th. Work out a deal to lower the commission and give them both properties to work with and earn from.

Now that you have someone else selling your property for you, go party like you have never partied before. Quit freaking out about the wedding, celebrate it instead with no worries.

While this is against conventional investor mentality, you have other things on your plate and since you are not keeping the homes for rentals and do not know how to sell on your own; just let a professional do it so you can move onward.

FSBO in Colorado - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on March 04, 2003 at 13:58:33:

I am getting married in 4 mths. We are each going
to sell our places. “She=150k townhouse” “Me=250k
house.” We are going to move into another place
I own and pay it off so we can start off our marriage
with no mortgage pymts.

Market is soft in Denver area where we live. Any
suggestions on a good book to read or other material
I should go to to learn about how I would sell with
out a realitor? FSBO We don’t want to end up with
three mortgage payments so I am nervous about selling
the two properties with out a realitor but we could
save a bunch if we could pull it off.

Another problem is timing. The place we are moving into
now currently has a renter paying me $1400/mth. Rentor
is moving out in June so we can get the place ready
for us to move into. Ideally both the places we are
currently living in would sell late June but who knows. All this is starting to freak me out a bit. Mayby I should just hire a realitor? Suggestions??

Re: FSBO in Colorado - Posted by Danny

Posted by Danny on March 04, 2003 at 17:22:12:

Where are your properties located at in CO? I have some relatives that might be looking for a place. Please email me at the attbi.com address with details.

Thanks

Re: FSBO in Colorado - Posted by Anne

Posted by Anne on March 04, 2003 at 16:45:03:

Alex,

Tim’s suggestion is a good one. There might be more options for you available (ie: creative deals). It all depends on your situation. My boyfriend is a licensed Realtor and investor in the Denver/Boulder area. Maybe one of us could help talk with you and offer some suggestions.

-Anne

Re: FSBO in Colorado - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Brenda on March 04, 2003 at 16:38:12:

If you are serious about selling:

1. Find a Realtor.
  2. Don’t price your properties above the CMAs and try to go lower if possible.
  3. Most importantly, DON’T LOWER THE COMMISSION OF THE AGENTS. Make sure they understand why you are not lowering their commission. You need all the motiviation you can get out of them.