FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by Vic (MA)

Posted by Vic (MA) on April 25, 2005 at 11:57:06:

Hi Barry,
Dick stated that the meetings start with a speaker and then afterwards whole sale properties would be discussed. He than asked me to email him my contact info in order to be put on the mailing list for the upcoming May meeting.

I would very much appreciate your whole seller contact information.

Barry, the reason why I plan on investing down your end is because my wife desires to relocate near her family. Thus, I am taken the necessary steps to network with like minded individuals down in Florida in order to prepare for the move. The arrangement you share with your partner are ideal for me since I do not know your market well, nor do I focus on acquisitions. Like your partner I concentrate on the trades end of rehabs. I am not sure how far time wise you are located from Ocala, but if you guys are interested in discussing how combining our resources could benefit us all, I would like to discuss the possibilities further.

My sister in law is a realtor down in Marion County and states that there is a lot of demand for turn key products but not enough supply to go around. Thus, higher prices. Does this situation help or hinder the rehabber.in your area ? In other words do you guys have enough whole sale properties to remodel and market retail ? Hope to hear from you soon.

FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by Vic (MA)

Posted by Vic (MA) on April 22, 2005 at 08:21:58:

For the past decade I have networked in the Cape Cod, MA area in the building trades, mostly remodeling but some new construction. Seven years ago I built my first home that has since tripled in value. Two years ago I moved some equity around purchased and remodeled a rental that I will close on next Thursday and net 100K. I understand I could shield my capitol gains through a 1031 exchange. For months I have been seeking to network with like minded investors that focus on rehabs and flips in hopes of reinvesting my profit from the above sale. To my knowledge Cape Cod Investments Club, is the only REI club in the area, and they wont meet until May. Its frustrating for me to posses the capitol to invest, have a good credit standing, the equipment, knowledge and small crew to tackle most rehab projects, but cant find anyone that wholesales or concentrates on accusations that would network with me and benefit from the resources I bring to the table.

Question:

1)Can anyone offer me advise as to where to begin regarding a 1031 exchange ?

2)Does anyone on this forum invest in my area ?

3)Does anyone on this forum have any contacts or advise were I can locate information on investors in this area ?

If I were you I’d start right here… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on April 23, 2005 at 17:41:37:

Cape Cod Investment Club
The president of the club:
Telephone: (508) 759-7700
When: 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:00pm
Where: Lobster Bowl, 3013 Cranberry Hwy, Wareham

He probably has a fair few contacts in the area.

Re: FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by Matt K (Boston)

Posted by Matt K (Boston) on April 22, 2005 at 13:32:03:

Hi Vic,

I am from MA also and work in the southeastern MA and Rhode Island markets. I recently sold a duplex in West Dennis.

Shoot me an email and lets talk… mkearney79@yahoo.com

Re: FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by Randy (SD)

Posted by Randy (SD) on April 22, 2005 at 09:13:11:

Can’t help on contacts or investors in your area, but go here for info on 1031

Re: If I were you I’d start right here… - Posted by Vic (MA)

Posted by Vic (MA) on April 24, 2005 at 14:32:46:

Hi Barry,
Thanks for responding to my post. I already contacted Dick, he stated that when he returns from Florida in May that he would resume the clubs meetings. I sent him all of my contact information as he requested in order to be put on his mailing list.

What part of Florida are you from. I was thinking of investing in Marion County, around Ocala. Have any advise as how the rehab market is down there. Since I am also interested in networking in Florida I have been in touch with CFRI, as well other rehabers I have met through this forum. Do you network with any investors on any of you rehabs ?

Re: FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by Ken (Fl)

Posted by Ken (Fl) on April 22, 2005 at 09:50:04:

Take out an add in the local newspaper. Do some advertising for investors/properties…

Re: If I were you I’d start right here… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on April 24, 2005 at 16:18:34:

I’m surprised that he couldn’t offer the names of anyone who could help you.

I’m in Ormond just east of Ocala on SR 40. I don’t know the Marion market though. I do have a wholesalers info in that area. Don’t know him personally, but I’d be happy to pass it on if you’re interested.

I just recently partnered up with someone. I find them, he fixes them, we share the expenses and the profits. It’s been working well so far.

Re: FRUSTRATED ! - Posted by ski

Posted by ski on April 22, 2005 at 19:54:07:

The frist place you should go to is your accountant.