Frustrated - Posted by Jwill

Posted by Greystoke on January 04, 2003 at 21:04:17:

Please do a search of the archives (main board, Carleton Sheets board, mainly) for Greystone before you invest.

Frustrated - Posted by Jwill

Posted by Jwill on January 03, 2003 at 08:33:18:

I will like to take this opportunity to say, I have been monitoring this board for over a year. I have read and learning some very intresting and creative ways of acquiring real estate. I have noticed, it really doesn’t matter if your creative, or experienced if one doesn’t have credit, and or money this business can be discouraging. I will keep pressing on, If anyone has any advice plesase give it.

Jackie

that’s not true! - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on January 03, 2003 at 09:24:22:

it’s not this business that can be discouraging. It’s you or I or everyone else. Yes, there can be discouraging moments, but all of us, that have been in it for a while made the personal decision, that the upside outweighs the downside. Otherwise we wouldn’t be in it any longer. Of course you’re likely to hear about problems, because that’s when we’re looking for advise from others. When things go right we plot right along.

It’s up to you to let yourself get discouraged. We’ve all had moments, where we thought “this sucks!”, but then you need to pick yourself back up and smell the roses. This business is awesome - nothing like it. There are so many variables. You have to find something you like. If you only do it for the money it can be a discouraing biz. But if you like something else (i love to design and decorate. Money doesn’t drive me. I will always have money. And here i can do what i love and even get paid for it.
+6 figures.) besides the income -like the chase, putting the numbers together, helping distressed sellers, creating win-win situations, just dealing with people, being able to use both sides of your brain or whatever else floats your boat. That’s what makes this a great business.
“the difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is just in the way you use it.”

michaela

Re: that’s not true! - Posted by Zidzi

Posted by Zidzi on January 03, 2003 at 11:53:54:

Very well put Michaela, that is the spirit that keeps this board alive and reminds us in our low moments to come back here to recapture the magic.

JWill, there are so many articles and posts here that discuss ways to make money in this business even if you have challenged credit and little money to spare.

What also works is finding partners here. You have to have something that you bring to the table even if it is the deals. If you are lacking in the other two, go out and find some really good deals and wholesale them to some investors and then you will only be lacking in credit and there are posts here that tell you how to handle and change that with time.

Cheer up and keep at it, this is a business that affords one both financial security and great satisfaction along the way but most important it is a business of building relationships.

All the best
Zidzi

Re: that’s not true! - Posted by Jwill

Posted by Jwill on January 03, 2003 at 13:34:50:

Thank you Michaela, and Zidzi for your thoughtful advice. I am employed, the federal sector. I guess the business has its ups and downs. I found a mortgage company on line Greystone, there web paperbiz.com very pricey but sounds legit. If I can get some deals, and hook up with a lender like them, I think I will be cool. Thanks again

Jwill

Re: that’s not true! - Posted by David G.

Posted by David G. on November 10, 2003 at 19:10:39:

I became a regional associate trained by Graystone Mortage. I closed my 1st deal 2 months after taking their course. I made 17K from that deal using their techniques. I deeply recommend them.

If you have further questions about them you can write me.

dgpioneer@juno.com