foxtons - Posted by howard anderson

Posted by howard anderson on July 31, 2003 at 12:23:37:

well i’m like every red blooded american i like to save a buck,but by the same token,“penny wise,dollar folish”…the people at foxtons financial are so incompetent,it’s unbelievable…how can you give someone a commitment then say it’s no good…after 5mths of dragging this thing,the people at foxton financial can’t produce…
there have to be some law against this,they denied me prospective buyers for 5 mths,i feel helpless,there must be something that can be done,all i’m trying to do is to sell a house and buy a house,now i got boxes pack up for months,and nothing happening!!

foxtons - Posted by howard anderson

Posted by howard anderson on July 31, 2003 at 06:17:40:

hi,i’m new to your forum,here’s my problem…since feb 03’i contracted with foxtons to sell my home,i got a buyer in 5 weeks…unfortunately this buyer was using foxtons financial,here my question,how can it take 5 mths to process a loan,and how long can they drag me through this nightmare,i don’t know whether i’m coming or going!!
i tried calling foxtons and all i get is voice mail,the only time you get a live person is if you pretend you’re a new customer…i finally got somebody that say he was the vp for customer satisfaction,he told me everything is set,he’s going to call the lawyers and get things done!!he lie!!!i got insurance for the new house,took vac day from the job,cancel the utilities etc!!i can go on and on,te problem with real estate today is "signed contract with down payment"people use this against you because they know you’ll lose your money if you back out!!here we are going into aug and we don’t know where to enroll the kids for school in sept…sellers and buyers needs more options,if you check the ratio of first time buyer to second home buyer,first time buyers are more!!most people after being burned by the mortgage process,especially if they use foxtons financial,don’t wanna be bother anymore,even if the interest rate is low!!

Re: foxtons - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 31, 2003 at 10:08:45:

I’m confused as to why you cannot cancel the contract/escrow? Surely, the contract has a close date in it. Aren’t your buyers out of contract by now.

What money would you lose if you cancelled now? And would it be worth it?

What does your contract say about cancelling?

Sincerely, Kristine

Deal with real people when buying real estate - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on July 31, 2003 at 09:04:07:

The internet is great for certain things and can save time in research and information gathering. However, when buying and selling real estate, I wan to deal with local people I can see face to face. Too many times I have seen the process get screwed up by on-line loan companies. I woud never take a contract from a buyer with some cyber loan and selling your house through foxtons didn’t save you anything did it?