found heirs when I call what to ask? - Posted by Tom Kirby (PA)

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 04, 2005 at 10:24:06:

Tom,

I would probably say something like : “Hi, my name is Michaela …,and I understand, that you ahve a house at xyz street. I was just wondering whether you have any plans for that house.” and then just see where the conversation goes.

Michaela

found heirs when I call what to ask? - Posted by Tom Kirby ¶

Posted by Tom Kirby ¶ on September 04, 2005 at 08:58:46:

Found the heirs of a tax foreclosure. Sale goes off the 12th of this month. The taxes records show the names of the deceased owners with estate after their names(John &Jane doe estate).Does that mean that the estate went through probate? The owner died in 2001. I’m thinking it does.

When I call the daughter, should I ask if they want some money to sell to me or just try to get the deed for nothing? What should my opening line be? " Hi my name is Tom and I’m an investor I’m interested in buying your mothers house?
Thanks, Tom P.A

Re: found heirs when I call what to ask? - Posted by John B. Corey Jr.

Posted by John B. Corey Jr. on September 04, 2005 at 15:35:52:

Tom,

I like Michaela’s response. Based on how I understand what she is saying I want to broaden the suggestion.

You do not know what to say yet because you do not know what their situation is. Hence nothing we can tell you now will be any better then anything else.

You want to solve their problem. If they just want to make it go away then do so. If they have some other reason for how they have dealt with the property then be prepared to listen. They might not even know they own it.

Be a problem solver and then listen before suggesting solutions. The seller will tell you want they need fixed and then be creative in how you get it done.

John Corey
Chelsea Private Equity LLC.

PS. As a joke way to remember this…

Ever notice that there are no doctor forums where the doctors ask what to say to the patient before the patient shows up at the medical practice? The point is a doctor will not try to recommend something until after they have ask some questions, listened to the answers and maybe run some tests to verify the issues.

Act in a similar fashion. Hi, my name is Tom. I understand that you own X. Do you have any plans for the property? Are you aware that there is a pending tax sale?

John Corey
Chelsea Private Equity LLC