Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Tom-FL on February 17, 2005 at 18:25:04:

Either that or the recorder’s office. Ours is a few miles from the courthouse, in the county government center. Some may be in the courthouse. Make some calls.

Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on February 16, 2005 at 17:41:47:

I have never dealt with foreclosed properties before. So here’s my question. I have a list of a few foreclosed properties in my area. The information I have is the property address, agency and case #, and whether it’s current or off the market.

Where do I go from here? Who do I contact and where do I get the information on who to contact?

Any help would be great!

Aaron - MN

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Gene

Posted by Gene on February 16, 2005 at 19:58:20:

I would sujest reading a couple books on the subjects, then ask more specific questions on this forum.

Good books on the subject are pretty inexpensive. You can find them in any book store or online.

Gene

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on February 16, 2005 at 20:17:27:

I’ve read quite a bit of information on foreclosed properties over the years, I’ve just never dealt with them personally. So I’m just wondering where to get started with the limited information that I have on a few properties. Mainly, who do I contact regarding these properties given the limited information I have. Or how do I go about finding out who I should contact.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by arlanj

Posted by arlanj on February 18, 2005 at 08:39:55:

You have been reading for years. It is not rocket science.

1st - go to the forclosurefreesearch website. Sign up for a free trial. Get all the details on all foreclosures in your area. Find a Realtor that wants to be your friend(and earn some commissons). Start buying houses. It is really pretty simple.

PS find a realtor that needs the money. A small office person that will be glad to help you.

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Gene

Posted by Gene on February 16, 2005 at 20:24:31:

What stage of the forclosure are you trying to deal in?

Preforclosure - contact the owner
Trustee sale/auction - contact trustee
REO - contact the bank

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by john

Posted by john on February 16, 2005 at 20:21:20:

Start by driving by see if it is occupied or does it have a R/E agent sign in front. If it is owned by the bank it will be listed soon after the sale, it is then a REO. If people are living there knock on the door and ask.

Re: Found foreclosure properties - now what? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on February 17, 2005 at 04:17:14:

I’m assuming that they are REO properties. I’m not positive on that yet. Assuming that they are, and with the information that I have, how do I determine which bank owns it? Is this information available at the county courthouse?

Thanks,
Aaron