For those bored, weird newbee experience - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by BamaRoy on June 14, 2005 at 08:45:33:

If you sell it to him you will end up being inspiration for his big hit in country music. “The man’s at the door of my trailer again trying to collect the rent, as I stand there with a bottle in my hand thinking it’s already spent”. Don’t be inspirational, be smart… Good Luck

For those bored, weird newbee experience - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on June 13, 2005 at 11:59:04:

I am working on my first deal and have ran an ad in the paper saying the basic stuff. It has gotten a good response and I am about to sell the home. I keep getting calls though (love this part) and I just got one today that threw me for a loop.
A guy calls and starts asking me about the home and all the usual stuff. After letting him know the details I tell him it may be sold but that I may have another so I was wondering if I could get some info about him and what he was wanting. After getting his name I had the strange feeling like I had heard it but dismissed it as nothing. Then he tells me what he is looking for and says I’m not rich or nothing just need something I can afford. I use this as a lead into his occupation. He says he is in a band. I am thinking great a no money earning artsy type. I ask what band and his answer makes me about drop the phone. He is in one of my favorite “local made it big” bands. The band has been on CMT and has (may not anymore) a recording contract. I could recite about half their songs and love their stuff. Unfortunately, after doing a little research I found out that their lead singer has left the band and they are not doing so well anymore. Looking at this from a business perspective I don’t see me selling to him (will check into it but no reliable income makes him pretty risky), but as a fan it would be really cool. I bet I could get a bunch of freebie band stuff. Just an interesting story from my MH journey for a boring monday for those of us still at jobs.

osupsycho

this is like that old joke… - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on June 14, 2005 at 07:56:23:

“what’s the difference between a large domino’s pizza and a bass player?”

the pizza can feed a family of four!

Re: For those bored, weird newbee experience - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on June 13, 2005 at 19:42:40:

Well? Come on, who was it?

Re: For those bored, weird newbee experience - Posted by osupsycho (ok)

Posted by osupsycho (ok) on June 14, 2005 at 08:09:23:

I bet most people won’t know the band but you probably will JT. He is a member of the “Great Divide” of red dirt genre fame. I agree with the joke about the pizza and the bass player, so I doubt he will be getting a home from me (don’t have one now for him anyway).

osupsycho