For rehabbers - and others - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by Rick Harmon on July 21, 2010 at 17:32:47:

For rehabbers - and others - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 20, 2010 at 10:19:02:

I just recently bought this great folding hand truck and I love it. Boy, I wished I had come across this years ago. I’ve always only known those large heavy duty ones that
delivery trucks use. So, I thought I’d give this on.

Anyway, I know no advertising here, but I’m not affiliated with them and you guys know me as a regular. I just think that this is something anybody can use. It’s really light and folds relatively small and flat. I have a 2-seater without trunk and I can put it right behind my seat.

It’s even cheaper on this site than where I bought mine

Michaela

Yaaawn…! - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on July 25, 2010 at 11:06:33:

Oh my…Jesus.

Does anyone have anything better to do than to Lambaste a longtime poster about a Tool that s/he likes?

bah ahahahah!

Why don’t some of you Geniuses try and answer my post at the top of the page.

NOTE
Please, only adults and experience investors need comment. The high school forum is located at www.idiotsrus.com

To add to this… - Posted by Michaela-CA

Posted by Michaela-CA on July 21, 2010 at 08:56:20:

…I thought I ‘advertise’ a little more, just to make Tom Thumb happy ;-).

My favorite tool is my spiral saw by ‘Rotozip’. It slices, it dices, it drives your kids to school…er…sorry, wrong product (yep, I have a long line of things I could advertise).

It allows you to make cuts and holes in all kinds of materials - sheetrock, tile etc.

And you can buy it at - Tom, get ready for it - Home Depot and Lowes and Ace and…(just thought I should take advantage of this post and advertise multiple stores, not just one).

And to top it off - here’s a link to - gasp - Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DEZO2/ref=s9_hps_bw_ir03?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=012YC8P6CG3FZH4MBB0D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=204531022&pf_rd_i=464488

Enjoy your complaints :wink:

Michaela

Now Here This… - Posted by John Siegal

Posted by John Siegal on July 21, 2010 at 08:13:41:

No advertising period. No pushing Food, Tools, Courses and certainly no drugs (unless i get my cut).

Shame on you “michaela!”

Re: For rehabbers - and others - Posted by James - Michigan Investor

Posted by James - Michigan Investor on July 20, 2010 at 11:13:34:

These trucks are great!

Hey Tom, go spam somewhere else. Besides, I hear that Home Depot has a sale on paint…OH NOES I ADVERTISED!!11!

Yeah, you’re point, while understood, is SToopid.

Why don’t you hang on a RE board and troll like you have nothing better to do. Oh wait…

James

Re: To add to this…POSTER SHOULD BE BANNED - Posted by Jean Dupree

Posted by Jean Dupree on July 21, 2010 at 10:37:34:

Knowingly posting illegal ads in an arrogant fashion demonstrates the
lack of intelligence of certain members of this forum. I recommend that
everyone start posting ads. Obviously the Moderators either don’t take
their jobs seriously or are in bed with certain members.

Re: To add to this…POSTER SHOULD BE BANNED - Posted by Marc in MA

Posted by Marc in MA on July 23, 2010 at 10:56:43:

Illegal? What law are you refering to?

This person obviously is not a spammer, and I see no problem with passing on feedback about products people like.

Here’s a counter-example. What if I were to mention a product I thought was terrible. Would that also be spam? If not, then mentioning a product I like is not spam either.

As long as the person has no vested interest and isn’t repeatedly hawking something, I have no problem.

And stop dissing the moderators – I am happy they set this forum up at all, and I am sure they have better things to do then to get involved in minor squabbles.

Oh, yes - I love it when you get tough - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 21, 2010 at 11:33:02:

…and here’s another product that I use quite frequently:

Are you sitting down? Here it comes: Sheetrock mud! yep, that’s it! I know, I know, you would have never known about this without me. No need to thank me - I like to share.

I don’t know what I would have done in all of my rehabs without it. Those pesky joints in new sheetrock - man, I’ve tried cutting down the ends of the rock and trying to fit them so tight that there’s hardly any gab, but, darn, the gap’s still there. While there’s a theory that vertical lines slim down or stretch (and I can see the advantage in properties with low ceilings) I do prefer my walls to be smooth.

Of course there are other things you can do with the mud, but…ahem…it’s not real estate related…but it washes off easily in a hot shower ;-).

Again, this fantastic new product can be found at your favorite hardware stores - do I dare name them? Hm…ok, go to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace or whatever local store you may have in your area. Go and buy it and try it. I’m sure you’ll like it.

Michaela

Whips and chains… - Posted by Rick Harmon

Posted by Rick Harmon on July 21, 2010 at 12:32:14:

Michaela, now you know the rules: SHEETROCK® Brand wallboard is a trademark of US Gypsum Corporation. And you might have stock in one of those national retailers who would benefit if I bought something.

Bad girl!

I would have sent you a Post-It® Note but…, oh geez, I forgot that’s advertising, too.

The problem with posting on a free, open discussion forum includes:

1. Some profit minded posters are irrsponsible and do not really care if they’ve broken the rules

2. Moderating abuses takes time and effort for the webhosts who eventually either burn out or turn a blind eye to abusers.

3. Some advertizers think that they are so clevert that other posters can’t discern a fake question with a fake response.

4. Occasionall, some well-meaning person posts here and the anal/banal poster monitors have a field day. There’s a big difference between a grossly negligent spammer who hawks their crap vs a regular contributor who posts here attempting to pass on a resource for which they have no personal stake in.

Given the apparent lack of hard moderating by this forum’s hosts, I suggest that those who are bothered by a regular abuser to bring attention to them and just change the channel if a regular posts something that might benefit a third party product/service provider.

Re: Whips and chains… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 21, 2010 at 12:48:42:

Rick,
you’re absolutely correct in that it takes a lot of time for hosts to moderate. I’m one of the first people who screams ‘advertising’ when someone spams the board. But I figured that I’m enough of a contributor here that people would recognize that I’m only trying to give on some experience with some products that might benefit others as well. I’m not gaining anything by sharing this.

I think what happens a lot of times here is that ‘big picture thinking’ and ‘detail thinking’ people collide. People that are good with details often times can’t see the big picture, because they’re so focused on the little things, i.e. any product being mentioned is advertising, subsequently is forbidden. They can’t see the big picture, that the rule was set to keep people from hawking products for their own benefit, and that this is a different situation, because I’m not benefiting, nor does anybody that I know (oh,wait a minute, I do know a couple people that work at Home Depot in Atlanta, so maybe the company stock will go up and they benefit somehow through my post).

I would also think that it’s more difficult for people to be successful in this business, if they don’t allow themselves to see the big picture, because that’s where the big money is.

Michaela

Rely on us as your trusted ally for seamless and secure transitions to your new home. We prioritize ensuring your move is both smooth and safe, offering comprehensive support throughout the process. With our dedicated services, rest assured that your household possessions will be handled with care and precision. Whether you’re relocating locally or across the country, our expert team guarantees a stress-free experience. ThreeMovers is a platform facilitating the comparison and selection of moving services. From packing to transporting your belongings, we ensure a seamless transition. Count on us as your reliable partner, dedicated to providing professional assistance tailored to your unique needs. Experience a worry-free move and a fresh start in your new home with our commitment to delivering smooth and secure home transitions.