flipping properties - Posted by Rick V

Posted by ChrisW on December 19, 2000 at 21:06:25:

Continue to read this site and check the archives by typing “flipping” or “wholesaling” as a key word search. You also might want to check your library for Ron Legrands book entitled “Fast Cash”. It has some pretty good introductory info on flipping and other subjects.Good luck

flipping properties - Posted by Rick V

Posted by Rick V on December 19, 2000 at 17:48:12:

Hello anyone who can help. I’m interested in learning about flipping properties. I know absolutely nothing about it, except what I’ve learned online, and that isn’t much.I’ve always wanted to buy fixer uppers and rehab them to sell, but have always been cash poor. This sounds like a good way to make cash 1st, then later do the rehabs myself. I know there are a lot of courses for sale on the subject,but which ones are the best? Also are there books I can read that I could get at the library. Like I said I don’t know a thing about it but it sounds great. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Re: flipping properties - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 20, 2000 at 08:35:28:

Rick,
I would also recommend that you read Legrands book “Fast Cash in Quick Turn Real Estate”. It is an excellent primer. It doesn’t go into all the details of a transaction but it will bet you going in the right direction.
I would also start hitting the streets and educating yourself about the neighborhoods that you want to work in. The more knowledgeable you are about the neighborhoods (home values, age of homes, demographics, foreclosures, etc…) the better off you will be. I know that you can get much of the information you need from this site. There is much more information available now then there was 3 years ago when I first started coming here, and I learned from this site. Read all the How-To articles, the money making ideas etc… and you will come a long way.

Happy Investing!

Steve