Flipping in Ontario - Posted by Brad

Posted by Robert on July 31, 2001 at 10:53:13:

Brad,

Please tell me more…I recently moved back to Ontario (in US since '92), and am eager to learn about ‘flipping’ here. Q: wouldn’t you expect to pay capital gains on a flip anyway, no matter how long you held the property?

P.S. Please forgive me if I offend, but I absolutely despise the NDP…bleeding hearts!

Regards,

Flipping in Ontario - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on July 28, 2001 at 07:32:57:

This is a note for anyone who is considering purchasing and flipping in Ontario. The NDP (political party) passed legislature that as a purchaser you cannot flip a property for a minimum of two years and if you do so you will pay capital gains and a fee. Jeesh makes ya wonder eh? ;/

Re: Flipping in Ontario - Tell us more!! - Posted by Lawrence Tourangeau (OH)

Posted by Lawrence Tourangeau (OH) on July 31, 2001 at 20:28:52:

Hi Brad,
Could you give us any more information on flipping in Ontario? I have some relatives and friends back home whom I would love to get started in flipping. Unfortunately, that wonderful Canadian bureaucracy makes me think that flipping anywhere in Canada is probably very difficult.
Hard to believe that Mike Harris hasn’t ditched that law after all these years in office. Probably not a high priority item. Too bad.

Thanks,
Larry Tourangeau (Ohio)