Flippers - How do you approach Hard Money lenders - Posted by Brian (IN)

Posted by Baltimore BirdDog on May 14, 1999 at 13:35:37:

Paul,

Hey! How’s it hangin’? There’s really only one way to find a good settlement attorney and that’s to ask around. Other investors in your area should be able to give you an idea of some good ones (your local investment club, if you have one, is ideal for this). If access to local investors is limited, I’d try calling the title companies directly and asking to speak to their attorney. There’s a question on the Legal Corner entitled “How do I find a GOOD real estate attorney?” which should give you an idea of the questions to ask each attorney you get in touch with. When you find one you like, set an appointment to go in. Talk to them about what you want to do and see if they’re willing to help. Good luck and keep on truckin’!

-Jeremy

Flippers - How do you approach Hard Money lenders - Posted by Brian (IN)

Posted by Brian (IN) on May 10, 1999 at 15:40:36:

I have bought and lease optioned a few properties over the last year thanks to this sight. I now would like to step it up and do one per month. It seems the only way to acquire this many properties is to use Hard Money lenders. Can anyone share there experiences of what these lenders look for and how to deal with them.

If anyone has other suggestions on how to acquire property if you do not have more than $10K to work with let me know.

Re: Flippers - How do you approach Hard Money lenders - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on May 10, 1999 at 23:28:47:

Hard money is everywhere. You just need to constantly ask for it. Every investor I meet I ask where they get there money from. I find that some use there own cash. I immediately ask if they are interested in lending. Those that borrow I ask where they borrow from. I’ve called settlement attorneys and asked them if they knew where I could get money from (these are the same guys that draw up the notes for the hard money lenders, I think that settlement attorneys who work with a lot of investors will know where the MONEY is).
I have in the last year generated a larger list of Hard money lenders than I have wholesale buyers (real ones that is). I have 14 people on my hard money list right now, I’ve only used 2 of them to date but I know that I will never have a problem getting money because of the list that I maintain.

SCook85

Re: settlement attorneys - Posted by Paul Ok

Posted by Paul Ok on May 11, 1999 at 08:13:53:

How do you find a settlement attorney