FIRE!!! Lost a unit today. - Posted by JT

Posted by Steve-WA on July 04, 2005 at 11:02:35:

Glad to hear that no one was home.

Insured, right? This has happened to me twice, and that check to the buyer sure comes in handy with helping them into another home.

Of course, sometimes they just buy a big screen for an apartment . . .

Hope they get back on their feet , , ,

and I hope that that insurance payoff check helps you too!

FIRE!!! Lost a unit today. - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on July 04, 2005 at 01:15:20:

Initial reports are blaming the window AC. Total loss. No one home(thank god), one man hurt entering to make sure everyone was out(minor). PM said its down to the frame and lumps of metal. Tony and Scott, Thanks for the part in your book about not showing up after the fact, that came to mind almost immediatly after finding out everyone was out. JT

Re: FIRE!!! Lost a unit today. - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on July 04, 2005 at 11:52:07:

JT,

Sorry to hear about the loss. Great news that everyone is ok. When the fire happened to me it was an emotional rollercoaster. Even though the fire was not my fault, the fact that a child was lost, upset me terrible. I had guilt and then anger for a long time towards the parents for the poor supervision. The best advise I can give you is bulldoze and start over as soon as possible. Leaving the mess will only cause folks to recall the fire. Make sure your insurance adjustor is fair, remember sometimes you need an attorney to make them do the right thing. Take Care ScottS(NC)