Finding pre-foreclosed homes - Posted by Darlene

Posted by Brent_va on July 30, 2001 at 07:44:49:

I am new to investing, but the way I find pre-foreclosures is that I look in the paper under the legal section. You can also look on your papers web sight and find the trustee sales. I have found that I can find a lot more by looking on their web site.

Finding pre-foreclosed homes - Posted by Darlene

Posted by Darlene on July 29, 2001 at 22:41:22:

Can someone tell me the easiest way to locate homes that are about to go into foreclosure. Maybe like threw mortgage companies, or banks. Whats the process.

Re: Finding pre-foreclosed homes - Posted by Tom – IN

Posted by Tom – IN on July 31, 2001 at 11:18:46:

I’m not looking for foreclosures, but am looking for motivated sellers for Sub2. Received a call from a preforeclosure last Friday night off the flyers.

Re: Finding pre-foreclosed homes - Posted by Stew(NE)

Posted by Stew(NE) on July 30, 2001 at 10:13:01:

Go to the county courthouse (Registar of Deeds) and asked for a Notice of Default or Lis Pendens Listing.
Now all of these NOD’s will not turn in to foreclosures. But it will tell you who “is in trouble”. By the time it gets in the paper you could already have a lot of your preliminaryt research done. It also depends on how large of county you are in and how mayny NOD’s you get per month. In my county, I get about 20 to 50 listings of these about 10 to 25 will turn in to foreclosures. I tried mailing to all of the people on the preforeclosure list for about 2 months with no response. I think it is just too early. I even talked to a couple of pre-foreclosure in person (no luck). Don’t be discouraged by my results, try everything. Good Luck