Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by Rashida

Posted by TeddyB_SC on February 07, 2007 at 20:07:22:

Joe,

If you are within 100 miles of Savannah and are finding more than you can buy, let me know. I like my mobiles a little on the trashy side.

Thanks, TeddyB_SC

Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by Rashida

Posted by Rashida on February 06, 2007 at 14:27:32:

I am a new real estate investor that owns land in the South Georgia area and I want to put a MH on my land as rental property. However I am running into the problem of not being able to find a vendor near my land to purchase a MH for an affordable price (under 30K) and also meets my criteria; I want a moblie home that I can convert into a duplex; I want to convert a double wide into a duplex so that I can get two renters into a trailer. I wanted to know: 1. Is it possible to create this type of duplex, 2. could anyone recommend some suppliers in the south Georgia area that sell MH (preferably foreclosured MH). Thanks

Re: Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by TeddyB_SC

Posted by TeddyB_SC on February 07, 2007 at 20:20:54:

I have searched for them in the past with no luck. If I could find one I would definitely be interested.

But, I wouldn’t try and convert one. Just off the top of my head, you would need a firewall between the two halves, separate breaker boxes (that’ll be tough)leading to separate electric meters, Water you could probably include in the rent and then you could pay it each month. And plenty of insurance since none of this will probably meet any building code(i.e., fire).

As far as repos in south Ga. Go to vmfrepos.com, click on your state, go to search for homes, and then enter you zip code and how many miles from that zip you want to search.

Good Luck,
TeddyB_SC

Re: Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by Joe-WA

Posted by Joe-WA on February 07, 2007 at 12:29:22:

If you were willing to pay for a new home you might be able to find a floor plan that you could custom order both sides the same then build a wall down the middle to make a duplex. Some of the older models had all of the ulilities on one half, I’m not sure if these type are still available.

Re: Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on February 06, 2007 at 21:12:31:

as far as finding homes, I am finding them everywhere in ga… buying doublewides ON LAND for $10 to $15 K…trashed out…good luck!find you a good realtor to work for you… that helps. they can let you know of anything that comes on the MLS. also ride the local parks, and M.H,. subd… you will find them.

Re: Finding Foreclosured MH in Georgia - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on February 06, 2007 at 21:04:46:

I have only seen this once where a doublewide was made into a duplex… as a matter of fact, I backed up, and took a second look…half was set up and the center wall boarded up with plywood… about 300 feet away the other section was set up and the center wall boarded up… I thought that was ODD… but … your code board might have some say so about 2 families in a doublwewide… unless your lucky enough to NOT live in a place where the govt controls what you do and you just pay taxes and say yessir…