Finding a home inspector, painting, questions..... - Posted by Jill

Posted by Allison(AZ) on May 06, 2001 at 18:38:45:

Is this a home for you to live in, or . . is this a “Lonnie Deal”? If you are buying this to rehab and sell, would you not have looked it over sufficiently before you got this far? It costs about $200.00 for an inspector. Why are you wanting to spend this extra money? If this is a “Lonnie Deal” you should be buying it cheap enough to take in some repairs. I try to sell mine “as is, where is” and to not put any more money into it than I have to. I just sold one for $8,900.00 that I picked up (furnished) for $2,000.00. I had to pay a months lot rent, advertising, and I paid a landscaper to take care of and kill the weeds on the lot. I only paid the landscaper because the solution to kill the weeds, and do it myself was so expensive. Plus, I would rather buy and sell and let the buyer do the fixing! I’m afraid I cannot help you much on the painting as I hate to paint. I’m afraid that I would have to buy the home really cheap so I could pay someone else to do the painting. I guess the way I feel about all of this is, that if I do all this repair work my self, it would be a lot like being a “landlord” and I do not want anything to do with that! Again, I prefer to buy and sell and let someone else to the work!!
I hope this may help you some,
Allison Van Dussen

Finding a home inspector, painting, questions… - Posted by Jill

Posted by Jill on May 06, 2001 at 09:03:16:

I am about to purchase my first property. I have no experience in ever owning a home and I’m going to have to take it as it comes. My agent told me yesterday that my offer was accepted and if I wanted to have the MB inspected I only have until the end of this coming week.

Do I need a “special” type of inspector for mobil homes, and if so, where do i find one?

Also, this home needs a lot of cosmetic work. Do I need a specific type of paint for either the inside or the outside? Is there anything specific to mobil homes that I should be wary of, or look for?