Financing Tax Lien Certificates (TLC) - Posted by Ron(SC)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on November 06, 2000 at 10:42:30:

that many banks do not understand the tax lien instrument and you will have to educate them in the process. I backdoored my own bank into a credit line because I have had a private banking relationship with them for many years. They knew nothing about the industry. First Union is another bank that is very involved in this field but is mainly interested in financing the bigger players.If you have a private banking relationship with your own bank that may be better off than starting cold with someone else. You may also consider using your own funds for a year or two until you can build up a track record to show the bank you know what you’re doing. Hope this helps.

Financing Tax Lien Certificates (TLC) - Posted by Ron(SC)

Posted by Ron(SC) on November 06, 2000 at 06:38:06:

I am planning to get actively involved in TLC investing for both yield and property acquision and am hoping to line up financing sources to make siginificant purchases of well researched TLCs for those purchases.

Besides self financing via savings, self directed IRAs and home equity/lines of credit, have any of you been sucessful in obtaining bank financing secured by the TLCs? How about investor financing? I recall the conversation between Merle (I read and copy many of his posts in a text file) and Ben(NJ) and wondered if any of that ever came to fruitition.I look forword to your replies.

Best Regards,
Ron