Financial Calculators - Posted by STL

Posted by Richard Rynkowski on July 22, 2001 at 12:30:15:

We recently purchased the Calculated Industries - Qualifier Plus IIX. (Pocket Calculator) Intuitive and easy to use. If you can’t find the calculator locally their phone number is 1-775-885-4949, e-mail: Techsup@calculated.com or web site: http://www.calculated.com We purchased ours at the local board of Realtors. Check with your local board I’m sure you don’t have to be a member to purchase the calculator if they have it.
Per the users guide some of the features are:
3-way Mortgage qualifying.
Instant PI and PITI payments.
Loan/Mortgage amounts.
Tax and Insurance capabilities.
Interest rates & terms.
Built-in Sales price and down payment.
Complete Amortization.
Remaining Balances/Balloon Payments.
Bi-weekly loans.
ARM’s with lifetime Cap.
Date Math Functions. (calculates days between dates)
Future Value and Appreciation.
Yields/ Prices on Trust Deed & Notes.
Loan Start Month Other than January.
Also if you are familar with MS Excel or other spread sheet programs they have many financial functions. Creat a spread sheet with what ever you need. This way you can do a lot of “What if” analysis.
I’ve recently created a couple:
Maximum Purchase price - Flipping or Holding.
ROI - Cash on Cash and Cash + Appreciation.
Closing Statement calculations. (Conv,FHA,VA,Cash,REC(land contract)and Assumption.
I’ve created these sheets based on “book” information I’ve read and with the help of a local title company for the closing statement. The functions in Excel are relatively straight forward but will take some thought to get through them. (sometime a lot of trial and error and going to the help menu to figure out what needs to be plugged etc.
Good Luck - I hope I have been of some help.
Richard

Financial Calculators - Posted by STL

Posted by STL on July 22, 2001 at 11:01:13:

Just received Deals on Wheels. I’m brand new to the financial world and need to find out where I can get help learning to use a financial calculator. (Don’t know anyone in the business, yet). I assume it can be purchased at most office supply stores. Thanks for anyone’s reply that is helpful!
STL