Finance in Australia - Posted by Brian Butler

Posted by Ed Garcia on December 05, 2000 at 09:54:56:

Brian,

I’m not from Australia, so I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea if I’m on the right track with my suggestions. I can tell you this; a creative mind can work anywhere. What happens to most of us, is we’re told or taught that we can do curtain things, and we accept that as gospel or the truth. I’m going to show you at least 9 different ways to do a deal here in America, not counting if you have good credit or money.

9 ways to do a deal with bad credit

I just finished answering a post that I thought might be interesting for newbies who are just starting out and have poor credit.

Brian,

In my workshop, I teach that there are at least 9 different ways you can do a deal with poor or bad credit.

Now before I give them to you, I want you to know that I’m really supportive of learning deal structuring. The first thing you need to do is, “investigate your deal” to know what I call( where the bodies lie) another words what is the sellers main objectives or motivation. That allows you to have an idea of what approaches are going to be compatible with the sellers needs, allowing you to do the deal.

Here are the 9 ways that I’ve mentioned.

(1) PARTNERHIP: Find a 50/50 partner. It don’t have to be 50/50, it can be what ever you can negotiate.

(2) FLIP: the best way to flip is to find a potential buyer first and then find a property. You can do this by running an ad on a property to see what kind of action you get. Once you have a potential qualified buyer, you’d be surprised how easy it is to find them a house.

(3) LEASE OPTION: Many times you can buy and sell with a lease option. We call this a “Sandwich Lease Option”. Jim, I’m not going to go into any great detail, you can find this information all over this forum.

(4) SELLER CARRY BACK: This is one of if not my favorite way to buy. Now the best way to utilize this system, is to do a second seller carry back in order to give the seller some cash in the deal. If money doesn’t exchange hands, many times the seller doesn’t feel that they consummated a sale.

(5) HARD MONEY: Hard money, is an equity loan made at approximately 65% LTV, based on the equity of the property only. Credit is not a consideration.

(6) HARD MONEY/SELLER CARRY BACK: Again, You can have the seller carry back a second and refinance the first, giving the seller some money. You can do variations of this system.

(7) SUB PRIME FINANCING: Many National lenders will provide financing at 70% with poor credit and won’t verify money down.

(8) SUB PRIME/ SELLER CARRY BACK: Again this combination can provide money to the seller, rather than ask them to carry the whole thing. Also there are local independent portfolio lenders that will lend as well as mortgage co’s and I always recommend seeking them out. National one’s would be Associates Finance, American General, Beneficial etc.

(9) CREAT YOUR OWN MORTGAGE: In our work shop, Terry Vaughan covers this, and shows you how to discount it and market it. Along this line of thinking you can also show the seller how to do a wrap loan.

There are so many other possibilities that I haven’t even covered, but I think these can get your thinking going.

Brian, I hope this post is helpful to you and will encourage you to stay with it. The only way you won’t be successful in this business, is when you stop trying.

Ed Garcia

Finance in Australia - Posted by Brian Butler

Posted by Brian Butler on December 05, 2000 at 04:04:52:

Help… I am in Australia and I am wondering the various possibilities for house/real estate finance. If anyone can help, be it be info for areas other than Australia or not, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Re: Finance in Australia - Posted by Mal

Posted by Mal on December 11, 2000 at 04:30:04:

Hi there Brian,
Am also in Australia and have started some investigating on this topic. Would be interested in how your doing, once you get started it all seems to fall into place.

Regards Mal