Finally, I'm part of that elite group... - Posted by Barry (Or)

Posted by will(wa) on June 10, 2005 at 18:14:00:

I’ll spring for coffee or beer, If I can invite myself too.

will

Finally, I’m part of that elite group… - Posted by Barry (Or)

Posted by Barry (Or) on June 06, 2005 at 13:14:47:

Yea, sure I quit my JOB and am now full time at this.

But what I was really talking about…

I spread my first tarp over a Mh yesterday. I even used old tires to hold the tarp down. Very cool.

Ok Steve. What kind of club do I get to be in? Huh?

Mook something?

Re: blue tarps - Posted by will(wa)

Posted by will(wa) on June 07, 2005 at 12:55:54:

Way to go Barry !

I did that same thing to a place that had several bad leaking spots in the roof. I used 4 16X20 blue tarps and taped them together with duct tape to cover the whole 66 foot length of the MH. I didn’t have any extra tires so I bought about 20 concrete blocks and tied it all down to those every 5 feet or so. I left it like that for about 3 weeks. I wanted it really dry inside before I did much fixing up. Installed a new furnace and had 3 box fans going 24 X 7 for 2 of the weeks to make sure things dried out.

Re: Finally, I’m part of that elite group… - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on June 07, 2005 at 08:16:20:

Congrats on becoming Financially Independent of your JOB!

Living by your own design is true Freedom in my opinion.

Way to go Barry.

Tony

Tires - Posted by Karl (TN)

Posted by Karl (TN) on June 07, 2005 at 07:06:49:

I always wondered what those tires were for? I figured it was like attic storage…

Good Luck

That’s a “blue” roof, thank you - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on June 08, 2005 at 12:12:40:

I recently heard a RE seminar speaker talking about BLUE roofs (the tarp of course) opposed to NEW roofs.

Re: Tires - Posted by James

Posted by James on June 07, 2005 at 18:33:38:

I have just thought of a new business. I will sell tires to investors for their mobile homes!!!

Re: Tires - tarps and buying right - Posted by Barry (Or)

Posted by Barry (Or) on June 07, 2005 at 10:09:58:

Yea, I prepared the roof for that white snow coat stuff and it started raining like crazy here. The PM was really good about it and understood that I needed to “protect my investment” so he let me do it.

This Mh is the worst one so far. I am having to do a lot to it but I will still come out really well on it because I did what Lonnie said and bought it right.

I always thought - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on June 08, 2005 at 14:30:36:

jmer, I always thought that a blue tarp was the Washington State flag, and having one on your roof showed state patriotism!!

I mean, you see them EVERYWHERE!!

Re: That’s a “blue” roof, thank you - Posted by will(WA)

Posted by will(WA) on June 08, 2005 at 12:33:49:

I love the blue roof!

I got em at Big Lots cheap, but I bet they wouldn’t last more than 3 months. Was a good temp solution for me in Feb around here with all the nice liquid sunshine we get. It was real easy todescribe where it was in the park.

I don’t want to do a fixer like that one for a long time.

I have seen a nice thick rubberized PVC sheeting that can be stretched over the existing roof and screwed down, that looks good, but the cost seems high…

Re: I always thought - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on June 08, 2005 at 15:48:09:

You’re right, and I’m sure you too have known some MH occupants who probably thought it was a mark of their prosperity to have a bright blue tarp. Or two or three.

Who’s the comedian who has all the trailer park jokes?

I’ll bet he’s probably got one or two about this subject.

Re: That’s a - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on June 08, 2005 at 14:44:32:

It’s a EPDM (?) roof, and where I am, the county will provide at no cost to low income qualifying residents - owners OR tenants! It’s like a $3500 item, and they also provide new furnaces, insulation, doors, windows, water heaters, etc.

I pass the phone number along when I close a sale - there’s like a 4 month wait list, but for free improvement to my property?
Oh, yeah . . .

why, that would be ME, John! - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on June 08, 2005 at 16:08:04:

heh heh

we need to get together soon - lemme check my planner

Re: why, that would be ME, John! - Posted by Barry (Or)

Posted by Barry (Or) on June 08, 2005 at 23:18:20:

If you guys are getting together can I get in on it?

I would be glad to drive up there.

I will email you both…

Hi Level Exec Session - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on June 09, 2005 at 08:40:05:

Hey, anybody who’ll buy the coffee is always welcome :wink:

Really, sounds like a plan and the Wilz and I’d be glad to include you in our “high level executive session”.

Because Steve has daylight obligations it would probably work better on a Sat AM so why don’t you email him and set something up and I’ll meet’cha both wherever, whenever. Not this Sat but maybe next would work for me.