Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 10, 2007 at 06:56:51:

Thanks for the further specualtion on the blue field. I will pass that on to other interested parties in “my neck of the woods” (in this case “beach”. I saw that game on TV and believe me, highlights just don’t do it. The whole game was a highlight!

Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 07, 2007 at 09:20:46:

The title of my new book! Maybe not but this is how it happened. The subtitle would read, “Self Imposed”. In our neck of the woods it is customary that the tenant pay for utilities. They haven’t paid the electric bill (or me) in months. I started the eviction process through a local attorney. While that was going on the power company (not me) shut off service. Lo and behold, the tenant opened the meter, turned it back on, and a meter reader discovered it. The company sent a crew that removed the meter and the line to the pole. The tenant has a felony to deal with and left the premis. I know that I cannot shut off utilities, but they can! Nice work guys. I called the company and I have no liability in this issue and can have power re-established anytime. Actually, the new tenant can and life goes on.

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on May 08, 2007 at 13:42:52:

Uh, I don’t think if he was months behind, that this was “easy”… but that’s just me.

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on May 08, 2007 at 10:54:22:

Wayne,

I hope your vacation was good. I’ve had good luck with the power company too. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. First the power company will turn it off. The tenants will turn it back on. Next, the power company will remove the meter. The tenants will then stick a fork or something in there to reconnect the service. The power company’s last resort is to disconnect it at the pole. I had them do this once. I wonder how this would work in neighborhoods with underground lines? Also, I’ve never been charged to have a missing meter replaced, and they’ve needed to be replaced many times in the foreclosures I bought.

On the one where they had to disconnect at the pole, the people still stayed in there in the dead of winter. They ended up getting accomodations at the local jail, because apparently, few months earier, they were arrested for keeping their daughter in a doghouse. I wished the judge sentenced them to a doghouse, but that’s another story.

–Natalie

Stay away! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 08, 2007 at 07:14:39:

Now we know where all the liberals live. They have a strangle hold in that “neck of the woods”! The poor tenants have all the rights. Guess who carries the weight of society, pays the bills, etc. Nothing like living in the conservative bible belt. There IS a difference. Well, I am NOT going to explain the rest of the story. The “book” thing was just for entertainment purposes only. Riply would not even believe it. Maybe that’s my disclaimer. Anyway, I could have sold tickets to that show. It was fun. The conclusion is that I am happy with the situation and its’ corresponding results. Anybody can fill in the blanks with all the assumptions that they want from here. With all in between, let the speculation begin! Nothing like a good “cliffhanger”. Invest on Rich.

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on May 07, 2007 at 16:06:38:

This is wonderful. I recently heard something similar from my Manager in TX.

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by rehabber

Posted by rehabber on May 07, 2007 at 14:36:10:

awesome- no “pay rent or quit” notice needed.
I’m surprised - I would have thought the tenant would
have paid the electric, knowing that will be cut.
It would be great if all tenants were this dumb.

Better that good! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 09, 2007 at 06:43:27:

I would eventually like to move there and vacation here! I am thinking to just rent a house there since prices are so high and also to see how it REALLY is. I could then either buy one if prices fall substancially or find a good deal while actually being immersed in the local market. I just have to make sure the utilities are paid. LOL Nice to hear your story in this issue. Well, some posters on this board are quietly hammering me on this issue, but they don’t know all the facts as I subtitly said in a previous post. You should see the collateral I have instead! Again, I am more than happy with the situation without going into much detail. Posters probably think I am a dumb investor. The’re right,I am. …Dumb like a fox!!

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Ed in Idaho

Posted by Ed in Idaho on May 08, 2007 at 01:37:53:

In my neck of the woods the delinquent utility bill stays attached to the property, so the property owner is responsible for the debt if the tenant doesn’t pay. All the more reason to start eviction 5 DAYS after failure to pay the rent.

Why are they still there? - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on May 07, 2007 at 18:32:24:

Someone “hasn’t paid you in months” Why haven’t you tossed them yet?

In my experience when a “utility” removes their meter there is a (pretty hefty) reninstall charge. I doubt the new tenant is going to pay that!

Add to my book? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 07, 2007 at 16:34:30:

These stories need to be told. Can you add detail? Give one for the gipper! Liberal societies tend to favor the “deadbeat”!

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on May 08, 2007 at 09:12:07:

That’s good to know. I was considering Boise at one time and its these “little” things that keep everything else from going smoothly.

Can you monitor bill payment to the utility based on service address from the web? I can in Phoenix.

Posted by Ed in Idaho on May 09, 2007 at 02:12:38:

Not where I am at, Yet! I’ll have to ask the electric co-op on that one but we have been a little slow on the new fangled ways for a while until recently. I live on the other side of the state form Boise, wich I would assume has that ability. I think you would be dealing with Idaho Power and they have a web site to pay your bill online, so you can monitor payment history. I don’t know if you would have access to your tenants account or if there is a page where you could just see if it were paid according to your account as being the owner of the property.

But it would be nice to be able to look up and see if a tenant paid their electric bill. That is an interesting thing. Here, when the tenant does not pay for two months, they will send a notice to the homeowner. A little slow if you ask me. Then you have to deal with a problem that has had time to grOW!

I’m going to talk to my electric company about homeowners being able to keep track of tenants bill paying to see if they will make it more efficient for the owner. Immediate access to information wouold be nice, like an e-mail or notice sent when the bill is say 10 days overdue. This reminds me I should ad a non-payment of electric clause(or any other utility attached to the property) to my lease as a deal breaker.

Boise by the way is beautiful, and they have a kick-a$$ college football team , who came down and visited you at the Fiesta Bowl last year.

Re: Eviction Made Easy! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on May 09, 2007 at 06:31:39:

Faced with such a precarious situation, why not just REQUIRE the tenant to allow access to their online account (or previous accounts for that matter for credit check)? Its’ not like it’s a bank account or anything. It is a liability. It also allows you to pay it for them to save your property. Boy how backwards that is. Now they have good credit with the company as they move on, paid by you. Maybe it would just be easier pay the utilities in your name and raise the rent accordingly (and then some if possible). In the long run, it has to come from somewhere. BTW, the Fiesta Bowl is in Arizona and what a great game that was! The boys from the BLUE field really put on a show! Is it true that the field is blue to keep the Canadian Geese from landing on what they think is a lake and leaving unwanted “baggage” when they flew on? It made sense to me but I don’t know how true it is.

Posted by Ed in Idaho on May 10, 2007 at 01:06:36:

Sorry, I didn’t catch the differnce between Rich-CA and when he said he could monitor electric bills in Phoenix. I have some family in Phoenix but wasn’t able to make it to the game. The highlights were great though!

There are a bunch of reasons why they have the ‘smurf turf’. They will tell you things like when they had to replace the old turf back in '86, it was such a huge investment they wanted to make it stand out so people would see what they did, and it would make a huge prescence for the team because it was the school colors, and other teams would know they weren’t in Kansas anymore, etc etc. But I happen to know a guy who knows a guy whos cousin has a friend who had come into posession of about 6500 sq yds of astro turf that could be had for a song and a dance.

The “baggage” you speak of is actual carcasses when the birds used to try and land numerous times in accidental mass suicides on the beautiful blue lake. The groundskeepers cover the field now with a white tarp when they don’t want that to happen. We do love birds in this state. THEY’RE DELICIOUS!!!

hotcelebrity - Posted by hotcelebrity

Posted by hotcelebrity on June 18, 2007 at 22:29:59:

there is information abt the hotcelebrity in hotactress aaliyah abi titmuss adriana lima aishwarya rai ali landry alicia keys alley-baggett alyson hannigan alyssa milano angelina jolie anna kournikova anna nicole smith ashanti ashlee simpson ashley judd avril lavigne beyonce knowles britney spearsbrooke burke brooke-shields calista flockhart cameron diazcarmen electra cate blanchett catherine bell catherine zeta jones celine dion charisma-carpenter charlize theron cher chloe jones christina aguilera christina applegate christina ricci christina milian christy canyon chyna cindy crawford cindy margolis danni ashe demi moore denise richards devon aoki dido drew barrymore elisha cuthbert eliza dushku elizabeth hurley estella-warren eva mendes faith hill