establishing a business entitiy as an investor - Posted by Rickie

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 08, 2002 at 07:17:25:

This is the most frequent question I get from clients. The answer depends upon the nature of your RE business (flips or rentals?), your personal finances, and your state’s rules. As a general rule, a corporation or limited partnership for flips, and an LLC for buy and hold properties. I can look at your situation if you wish, albeit on the clock. Search the MNG archives and you will find mroe info than you can digest on this topic.

John Hyre

establishing a business entitiy as an investor - Posted by Rickie

Posted by Rickie on July 08, 2002 at 04:11:22:

I am a beginning investor working with the SBA to become a real estate investor. I am not sure if this is the right route or not but it is the one I have chosen not having too much experience in real estate investing. While I do not want to be a sole proprietor (want to protect my personal assets), I am having difficulty deciding what business entity works well for real estate investors working in this business. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: establishing a business entitiy as an investor - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on July 08, 2002 at 10:58:33:

Rickie,

An FYI… the SBA will not finance pure real estate investments. There must be an operating business generating at least 50% of the revenue.

ray