Email advertising (SPAM?) - Posted by Scott (AZ)

Posted by Scott (AZ) on July 08, 2001 at 18:55:47:

Thank you for your reply, but I’m wanting to know if any other RE investors advertise via email, and if so, what their success has been.

Scott

Email advertising (SPAM?) - Posted by Scott (AZ)

Posted by Scott (AZ) on July 07, 2001 at 21:56:14:

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with advertising (either to buy or sell RE) via email, and if so, what the results were.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

NO! - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 09, 2001 at 16:45:52:

Scott,
I do not send out “spam”, because as was said by Jim Locker below, most if not all of it goes to the recycle bin. (gets deleted.)
However, I do believe that the internet is becoming a good place to advertise.
I have had a simple, very amature website for some time now.
It has the same basic message that all my marketing does.
I listed it with some search engines, and I get regular hits to my web page.
I have bought a few homes from leads that sent me e-mail after visiting my website.
Rather than send out unsolicited e-mail (spam), I prefer to have people e-mail me who want to sell their homes.
In fact, the home I now live in came to me via e-mail from my website.
Apparently the seller had seen several “We buy homes” signs in the area for a few months.
He remembered them, but when it came time for him to need the investors services, he could not locate a sign in the area to get a number.
He did a web search for “We buy homes” and got my page, sent me an e-mail, and we talked on the phone after that.
And of course, I got the house.

Forget spam, it is a waste of time in my humble opinion.

HTH,
Jim FL

Re: Email advertising (SPAM?) - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 08, 2001 at 17:34:28:

I get several dozen emails a day.

I look over the headers very carefully for mail that I need, and I delete without viewing all the rest.

All spam gets deleted without review.