Electric Fireplaces suggestions - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on August 04, 2011 at 11:13:49:

Years back I believe Jim and Ellen and I think Tye had begun installing electric fireplace and mantel models in their mobile homes. These were the wall mounted ones that looked great and offered a second heating source.

This is a landlord friendly upgrade I wish to incorporate in the coming year or 2.

I have tried a number of alternative heating sources to the furnace itself, primarily so that should the furnace quit in the dead of night (which they seem to prefer to do) the tenant would have heat until a repairman can arrive and I am not awakened by the 2 am phone call.

We are nearly totally electric here so a power outage is another story.

To those who have made these improvements can you please comment on the type of wall mounted units you prefer and the costs. I believe most of you buy these when they are going out of seasonal stock at the large box stores.

My plan is to do just that. I have done this with portable, electic fireplaces which helped some and allowed my handyman the opportunity to run out in the middle of the night to deliver the heater!

I welcome the input from anyone who has done this with the wall mounted, electric units.

Thanks.

Tony