Does anyone have a letter for Lease Options? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Matt B on July 30, 2001 at 10:22:06:

I actually a few different letters that I use for different situations to generate lease option leads. Here’s the one that I send to FSBOs. Feel free to modify it to suit your needs-

Dear property owner,

I recently noticed your ad for a property for sale. I would like to discuss with you the possibility of purchasing your house. I am an investor who buys homes to resell for a profit. If your house qualifies, even if you have very little or no equity, I would be able to offer you a deal where I would take over the payments on the house, guarantee all maintenance and repairs, pay the taxes and insurance and eventually buy the house from you.

If we can come to some agreement, I am able to move fast to relieve you of the payments on the house. I am not a real estate agent and am not affiliated with any real estate agency. I do not want to list your property. I am a private investor who buys houses and resells them for a profit.

I can offer you a FAST solution to the problem of a slow-selling house. In many cases, I am able to offer you close to the appraised value of the house. If you are willing to consider a lease option, I can move fast to take over the payments on your house, take care of repairs, maintenance, insurance, or any other expenses related to the house.

If we were to sign a lease option agreement, I will put a tenant/buyer in the property. This is someone who has been put through an intensive screening process by my company to make sure that they are able to actually buy the property at some point in the near future. I then work closely with this tenant/buyer to help them get qualified for a mortgage. It is in my best interest to deal only with quality tenant/buyers, because I make my money by actually selling the property, not by renting it out long term or charging you any fees.

The best part of this is that there is NO COST to you as the homeowner for this! As I mentioned, I make my money by actually buying the house from you and selling it to my tenant/buyer. I manage the property, take care of maintenance and repairs, make your payments, AND actually buy the house in the near future!

We do not want to deal with people who are only looking to rent and will not take care of the property. We deal only with people who want to become homeowners and do their best to maintain the property while they occupy it. Our tenant/buyers are put through an intensive screening process to qualify them for the houses that we buy and sell.

Even if our tenant/buyers do damage the house in any way, we guarantee in writing that we will repair any damages and bring the house back to the same, if not better condition than it was originally. We continue to make the payments on the house and replace the tenant/buyer with someone who is more qualified to actually purchase the property from us.

It is in our best interest to deal with only qualified, high quality tenant/buyers, because as I said, we make our money by selling the house, not by charging you fees. While we help our tenant/buyers get qualified for financing, we still maintain the property and pay all expenses related to the house so that you never have to bother with anything related to the house again. That is, until we call you up and tell you that it is time to come to a closing and collect your check.

We can offer you all this even if you have very little or no equity. Even if you have had trouble selling the property in the past, we can help.

Give us a call today!

Sincerely,

Does anyone have a letter for Lease Options? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on July 29, 2001 at 22:12:41:

More specifically, I am looking for a prospecting letter for newer neighborhoods where people with little equity would reside. I want something that will peak their interest. Anyone have anything?

Thanks!
Charity