do we need a title co in NH? - Posted by Jason Perry_NH

Posted by TIFFANY on September 26, 2000 at 10:22:13:

I’M LOOKING FOR PEOPLE ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES TO DO A BASIC TITLE SEARCH AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNOW OF VARIOUS PEOPLE AND ABSTRACTERS IN YOUR AREA THAT LOCATE MORGAGES AND ASSIGNMENTS? THE COMPANY’S NAME IS RICHMOND MONROE GROUP. IF YOU COULD RECOMMEND SOMEONE THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS TIFFANY

do we need a title co in NH? - Posted by Jason Perry_NH

Posted by Jason Perry_NH on April 28, 2000 at 06:32:04:

I just purchased a 1970 14X 70 for $7000 – My question is do we need to go through the whole closing process like we do with a stick built home?? I am in Nh and the mobiles have titles, not registered with the DMV??
PS Also anyone know if we need to be licensed/registered as dealers in NH,VT, or ME???

THanks
Jason Perry

Re: do we need a title co in NH? - Posted by John(NH)

Posted by John(NH) on April 28, 2000 at 13:14:47:

I’m in NH, and for a MH, you’ll need a closing complete with deed just like any other property. Maine and VT do not have this hassle. :frowning:
-John

Re: do we need a title co in NH? - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on April 28, 2000 at 08:09:16:

Try calling a new MH dealer and speak to the person that does their title work. I’m not familiar with NH rules, but it shouldn’t be a problem. Have you checked with DMV? Ask the person you bought the home from how they got the title. DMV does this in my area. No “closing” and no lawyer is required. A one page title application, both parties sign the title, pay the required transfer tax and that’s it.

Some states allow several sales without a license, some won’t. Check with DMV, Clerk of Court and they should be able to guide you to the right person.

Good luck,

Lonnie

Re: do we need a title co in NH? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 28, 2000 at 08:07:24:

Jason,

I’m in VT. The last few years I’ve done about ten Lonnie deals and never had a dealer’s license. Don’t know if you need one or not and until someone tells me I do, don’t sweat it.