DO BANDIT SIGNS PROMOTE PROFESSIONALISM ? - Posted by robert(nj)

Posted by Clint on July 13, 2005 at 06:29:44:

Robert,

The signs work, post cards work, flyers work, door hangers work. They all work, but it has to do with the frequency of the medium. Less professional, more professional? Come on. Some of the most successful people on here wear tshirts when meeting with the sellers. You see, if sellers are motivated, they are less interested in a billboard than they are someone solving their problems. Consistency is the key, get your phone number, and or co. name in front of a motivated seller, and they will call you. But they are also going to call three or four other individuals too if you don’t pick up the phone. It is up to you to be the solver of their problem that alleviates their pain.

Best of luck,

Clint

DO BANDIT SIGNS PROMOTE PROFESSIONALISM ? - Posted by robert(nj)

Posted by robert(nj) on July 13, 2005 at 05:50:39:

i was wondering what you all thought about these signs and what you thought potential sellers think when they see so many i or we buy houses signs. they sure dont look very professional looking to me. and i’ve seen alot of mixed reviews on there abillity to land people other than the law calling to tell you to take em down. are they a waste of money??? im sure all the sign makers would tell you anything you want to hear to make a buck or two. does anyone out ther have any alternative to these signs and if yes would you be willing to share?? i would sure like to attract motivated sellers but not at the price of my self not looking professional.
thanks
rob

Re: DO BANDIT SIGNS PROMOTE PROFESSIONALISM ? - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on July 13, 2005 at 12:55:48:

You got two good answers from JT-IN and Clint…may I add this from Calvin Coolidge.

"Nothing in the world can take place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." Calvin Coolidge

It is really true. I know a guy who has bought over $70,000 worth of books, tapes, and seminars…has yet to buy his firt proerty…educated? Yes…Successful …NO.

He never persisted…he never followed up.

Good Luck,
Bill H

Define Professionalism…? - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 13, 2005 at 09:15:00:

Professionalism is usually described as those who are in the top rung of their field… and in today’s business world, we usually keep score by income earned. Based on that criteria for a RE investor, one who uses Bandit Signs, or other means of having motivated sellers contact them, would likely be the most professional, as opposed to those who are waiting for a deal to fall out of the clouds…

Others may choose to use a different yardstick of achievement and professionalism, but it is all about creating deals that earn profits, in my mind…

JT-IN