disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen Kenagy on December 15, 2007 at 13:24:42:

I feel your pain. I was told a lot of different things about disposing of the home. The manager of the lot told us just to leave it and quit paying the rent. They could try to go after my mom for rent, but she had nothing and it wouldn’t be worth their time. The owners usually find it is easier for them just to pay someone to tear it apart and get it out of there.

We decdied that we would pay someone to tear it apart and move it rather than leave the owner to do that. We were approached my the maintenence man of the park. He heard that we were going to get rid of the trailer and asked if he could have it. We knew we would need record of a sale so we sold it to him for $100. The mobile may have been worth maybe $5000, but the $475 a month we were paying for the lot each month was worth just getting rid of it quickly.

I think the cost was going to be around $2000 to have it torn down and moved out.

I hope this helps.

disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen on May 25, 2004 at 09:16:55:

My parents bought a used mobile home 15 years ago. It is a double wide. They are needing to go to an assisted living residence and I need to do something with this home. It isn’t worth much. It has aluminum wiring, and they had an unhouse broken dog. We replaced the carpet just two years ago but the odor is over powering again. The home is in Oregon. Any advice? Could you e-mail me? Thanks

Re: disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by John Harlow

Posted by John Harlow on February 16, 2010 at 10:08:24:

I have a mobile home that was burned up in a fire. The insurance company did not total it out, but I want to sell it for the payoff balance just to get it out of the park it’s in. Maybe someone can buy it for scrap. The payoff is a little over $6,000. The outside looks good, but the inside has a lot of smoke damage. I can’t seem to find any salvage yards that are still in business in my area.

disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by Joe Martin

Posted by Joe Martin on December 15, 2007 at 09:59:40:

My dad just passed away, and he lived in a 14X60 1971 trailer. The floor needs to be replaced and most of the ceiling. The park look at it and told me that it’s in too bad a shape for even them to buy it. The trailer is located in Colorado Springs, CO. I have to get rid of it or keep paying lot rent on it until I can find a way to unload it. I really can’t afford rent on two houses. My own and my dads. Can you help.

Re: disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen on May 25, 2004 at 10:42:16:

Thank you. I’ll do that.

Re: disposing of an old mobile home - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 25, 2004 at 09:50:02:

email this guy -

phil@furrowpump.com

Phil Pelletier is in the Portland area - he may be able to help. He’ll need to know age, size, make, location, lot rent, repairs necessary.

Tell him you got his name from us on creonline.