Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Chris

Posted by dutch on September 30, 2006 at 07:36:29:

I have a local company that compiles my NOD’s for me. It’s great.

Dutch
okhomesavers

Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on September 29, 2006 at 16:31:15:

Anybody got a source for good direct mail pieces…i dont want to spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel

Chris

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by RickD

Posted by RickD on October 01, 2006 at 12:08:58:

With properties in foreclosure, are there still good deals? Everyone seems to owe as much as if not more than there house is worth… How do you make any money on that?
Just curious, I must be missing something…

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by David (Los Angeles)

Posted by David (Los Angeles) on September 30, 2006 at 15:12:53:

Check out Richard Roop. He has dozens of direct mail adverts in various formats, all ready to be uploaded to USPS.com or your mailing house along with your mailing list. If “not re-inventing the wheel” is your goal, he’d be my recommendation on where to begin.

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Luke

Posted by Luke on September 29, 2006 at 18:28:32:

I talked to a guy the other day who claims to be getting a 23% response rate on his direct mail.
He didn’t say what the lead conversion rate was though.

All he’s doing is, ripping a piece of yellow legal pad in hald and hand writing
“Hey, (name of person), my name is john doe and I’m interested in buying your house. 333-333-3333”

It’s time intensive but if he’s really getting 23% it would be worth it to pay someone to handwrite them all.

I talked to another guy who claims a great respons rate by taking yellow post it notes and writing “I want to buy your house. call me @ 333-333-3333”
And he has people write them for him, then he hires kids to go around sticking them on peoples doors in areas he wants to buy in.

Just a couple of ideas.

Good Luck,
Luke

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on September 29, 2006 at 18:23:31:

Dan Kennedy and Ben Innes-Ker have some canned letters & postcards you can buy.

I like to use NetPost from the USPS. Check it out at http://www.usps.com/netpost/reachcustomers.htm
I can upload my artwork and mailing list, and they print it out and mail it, pretty cheap. You can do 1 or multipage letters as well as different size postcards, 1 color, spot color, or full color. Pretty cool.

Dutch
okhomesavers

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Don (VA)

Posted by Don (VA) on October 02, 2006 at 10:40:43:

I doubt he’s getting a 23% response. However, that technique (the yellow stickie or yellow legal pad) is a time-proven response-builder. It’s been used for decades as a component of many direct mail campaigns (not especially real estate related).

Another variation is to have some sort of article printed up on newsprint and tear (or have the printer cut with a blade that looks like it’s been torn) the edges, so it looks like it’s been ripped out of the paper. You know, something headlined, “Local investor helps homeowners avoid foreclosure.” The text of the article has your contact information in it. But to boost response, you add a yellow stickie. Or pre-print on the newsprint, in a different color (say, blue) a handwritten note “Thought you might be interested in this. --LM”

As for it being time-intensive, lots of ways around that. First, get the message pre-printed on the item, as in my example above. You can do it on direct mail cards–the USPS service, for example–customized (mail-merged) to each individual. So if your list has a “Snidely Whiplash” on it, you can select a hand-written font (USPS has dozens), print your card in two-color, and for the second color, say blue, have a note that says, “Snidely: Thought you’d be interested in this. --LM.”

Another option is to farm the grunt work out. High school students and residents in assisted living facilities are inexpensive and productive.

Just a few ways of doing it.

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Steve in Houston, TX

Posted by Steve in Houston, TX on September 29, 2006 at 21:26:50:

I use the NetPost service and you can have them print and mail the card for you. I think it is great. i get my list from the foreclosure service, where do you get yours from
Steve
InvestInTexasRealty

Re: Direct Mail Pieces - Posted by Russ

Posted by Russ on September 29, 2006 at 20:16:33:

Dutch,

Where do you buy your mailing list from?

thx