Desperate Housewife needs help! - Posted by bmeesh

Posted by sandie on April 13, 2005 at 22:41:44:

What state are you working out of?
Email me at sandie.2@juno.com
Thanks

Desperate Housewife needs help! - Posted by bmeesh

Posted by bmeesh on April 13, 2005 at 21:08:40:

I have a pre construction property closing in May or so…found a condo in Key Largo that I can rent out…can’t do both as far as mortgages…any suggestions on how I might make this work or perhaps finding someone to partner with on the Key Largo property…I want to flip my pre construction and hold the Key Largo property but don’t have the means to do both.

Should I tie up the Key Largo property (through a Realtor) and find the financing or try to do a long closing based on the first closing on the pre construction. Need suggestions and help on this…or someone who wants to be a money friend on this so I can rehab it and maybe turn around and resell it…would love some suggestions, advice, etc…

PS…I am a licensed Realtor so I find good deals all the time but don’t have the means to do them all :slight_smile:

Re: Desperate Housewife needs help! - Posted by Daphne Lowe

Posted by Daphne Lowe on April 14, 2005 at 24:49:24:

If the Key Largo property makes sense, I can solve your delimna. But I’m pretty familiar with the Keys, and in the time that I’ve lived here, haven’t come across a property where the rental numbers work from a cash flow perspective. Appreciation is nice- but it won’t feed an alligator.

If you’re thinking vacation rentals, be aware that enough housing was grandfathered in that the market (especially KL) is very competitive. Most folks want to own a 2nd home for personal use and are thrilled to defray even a fraction of the cost. Against this, its hard for investors to compete.

I’ve been racking my brains trying to figure out an investment strategy that works given the current prices in Monroe county. If you’re finding good deals here, your help has arrived.

Daphne