deed of trust - Posted by Ruthie

Posted by John Behle on February 26, 1999 at 13:17:21:

Legal elements related to Trust Deed and other forms vary state to state. Usually, there are state approved forms and they should be used or adapted before using some form out of a book or from another state.

Yes, go to a title company, real estate office or the local “Board of Realtors” office. In many areas, there is a real estate bookstore at the board office and they rarely ask people whether they are from a real estate office or not.

deed of trust - Posted by Ruthie

Posted by Ruthie on February 25, 1999 at 23:02:54:

I need a deed of trust form. Could someone e-mail one or
fax one to me? Or should I just ask for one from a title
company? Thanks—

Re: deed of trust - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on March 01, 1999 at 21:43:23:

Thay also vary on what type of deal your doing. Are you the buyer or seller? Are you getting a bank loan, hard money loan, or owner financing? Each deal, even in the same area will need different wording.

Re: deed of trust - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on February 26, 1999 at 15:34:39:

I would go to the title company. I would also pay attention to the advice from John Behle below.

Having said this, I can’t figure out why you would need a deed of trust form unless you’re trying to perform some type of closing on your own. I wouldn’t suggest this if I were you. Title companies are cheap given the service they provide. I don’t perform closings on my own. Either the title company or my attorney is going to do this for me…it’s money well spent.

If you need some special clauses in your deed of trust for some reason, call your attorney.