Death Of An Employee - Posted by Ryan(NC)

Posted by Tony Colella on December 12, 2005 at 15:39:12:

This is an important question and one we should expand upon in a new thread at some point.

Thanks for posting Peter.

Tony

Death Of An Employee - Posted by Ryan(NC)

Posted by Ryan(NC) on December 07, 2005 at 20:14:13:

More emotions are pouring through my body than should be humanly possible but after serving a very long 2-week notice, talks about promotion, and repeated attempts by my ex-employer to explain the benefits of my JOB… I said farewell to my friends at work today and took the leap off the cliff into the world of the gainfully unemployed at the ripe old age of 28.

Thanks again for everything folks, I don?t think I can really call this retirement yet but there is no way this would have been possible without help from the many great people that post here and a skinny little $30 book that has changed our lives! We are half way to our goal, now we just have to get Jen outa her JOB so that we can get busy enjoying life instead of chasing a paycheck!

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on December 12, 2005 at 08:53:19:

Congrats Ryan,

I look forward to seeing and hearing of your many success stories to come. I have no doubt your life is going to be much better from hear on out. By the way don’t let jennifer catch you sleeping in to often. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Ah, the Magical Lure of Independence - Posted by PeteH(NYS)

Posted by PeteH(NYS) on December 09, 2005 at 13:59:00:

Ryan, your story about what a bonehead your boss was and how aghast he was when you called his “better work harder or you’re outta here” bluff was absolutely priceless. It is impossible to overstate the satisfactions available from “f*%k you money,” which means sufficient (semi-)passive residual income. Hearty congratulations.
Peter

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Don Wilson (OK)

Posted by Don Wilson (OK) on December 08, 2005 at 21:29:17:

Ryan:

Great job!!! I knew you could do it. Now your building your empire. It gets real fun now… I’m proud of you Buddy.

Don Wilson (OK)

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Steve Contois

Posted by Steve Contois on December 08, 2005 at 18:28:38:

Ryan - nice work. I’ve seen some of your posts but like other investors on this site, I don’t know your history in your rise to financial independance. How about a brief synapsis on how you got to this point. Traditional Lonnie deals or land/home deals? How many years have you been investing? How many deals? etc. What industry where you in previously? Any insight would be interesting.

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Mark C Tx

Posted by Mark C Tx on December 08, 2005 at 14:04:35:

Ryan,
This is terrific. Congratulations.
I hope my next visit to NC will be JOBless as well.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Does it feel like what Karl Said. Wake up in cold sweat sitting straight up in bed, thinking Oh what have i done??

Mark C. TX

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by bobb

Posted by bobb on December 08, 2005 at 13:34:53:

Ryan,
Congratulations. I hope Jen is not far behind.

I’ve not emailed to say “Thanks for the ride to the airport.” It was much appreciated.

Very cool to be in a position to let the JOB go. My hunch is reading your post is the crowning for folks like Lonnie, Tony, and Scott.

Keep it up.

bobb

Way to go! - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on December 08, 2005 at 09:52:50:

Congrats to you, I am sooo jealous. Hope to join you one day.

Barry

hopes for your future - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on December 08, 2005 at 09:23:41:

Hope your new boss is not a butthead like my new boss is!

Congratulations on taking the reins.

Steve

Congratulations! - Posted by Jerry

Posted by Jerry on December 08, 2005 at 09:19:31:

First Steve, now you. You guys and gals are continuing to reinforce my belief in this program and I have set my goal for no more than five years til I post a farewell message. Thanks for the inspiration!

Gainful UNemployment Strikes Again !!! - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on December 08, 2005 at 09:12:02:

Congrats Ryan. That’s about the nicest Christmas present one can give themselves and their families. Gainful UNemployment!

Tony

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on December 08, 2005 at 08:54:44:

Congratulations, Ryan. Welcome to the UBA club.
Merry Christmas, to you & Jen,
Lonnie

My new hero!!! - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on December 08, 2005 at 24:01:42:

Steve-Wa. Take a back seat. Ryan’s my hero.

Nice! - Posted by Anne_LLC

Posted by Anne_LLC on December 07, 2005 at 22:37:03:

Way to go Ryan, good luck getting Jen free in the near future.

warmest regards, Anne

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on December 07, 2005 at 22:35:29:

Congratulations Ryan…go for it! Todd

Congratulations! - Posted by Mike Cheatwood

Posted by Mike Cheatwood on December 07, 2005 at 21:15:24:

nt

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by John(NC)

Posted by John(NC) on December 07, 2005 at 20:50:54:

Congratulations Ryan!
When I sat next you at the bootcamp I knew that you were movatived to rid yourself of that pesky old JOB… Now I want to be just like you when I grow up!
John

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on December 07, 2005 at 20:47:03:

That is SO terrific, Ryan! I bet bringing your wife to Boot Camp played a big part in your decision–

Tye

Re: Death Of An Employee - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on December 12, 2005 at 13:05:31:

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to beat it into my head that rentals aren?t bad things!

Jen?s made it perfectly clear that I?m not going to get to sleep in til she?s free from her job and we can sleep in together. (IF I can ever convince her that 6:00am isn?t sleeping in)

Best Wishes,
Ryan Needler