Dave Whisnant's course - Posted by TR

Posted by Chris St. James on September 02, 2002 at 10:48:10:

I bought his course, read about 4/5 of it and quickly asked for a refund. One method he uses was to locate Section 8 Apartments and direct mail to the owners in case they’re tired of collecting the tenant portion rents and want to sell. A later e-Mail from him said he Sold all his Section 8 properties. Apparently there was a rule change where the Owner has to pay for any damages as opposed to the government. Remember these are in the low income area. I thought the advertisement claims were much better than what the course material delivered.

There were lots of typos and mis-phrased sentences that made it hard to read fluently. He implied that buying Houses “subject-to” was somehow illegal and advised us to get a mortgage from a bank and collect rents. He mentioned in a later e-Mail that Flipping properties was his favorite approach. I suppose I was confused about his overall strategies. Compare and contrast any course before buying and check the return policies and any mentoring options for future support.

Dave Whisnant’s course - Posted by TR

Posted by TR on August 30, 2002 at 07:14:47:

Hi, I am new to this site. I have never bought any real estate materials and I wonder if anyone knows of Dave Whisnant’s course and any opinion of it.

Also any helpful advice in getting started is appreciated.

TR