Data Service Warning - Posted by Tom (GA)

Posted by Rich Hyams on January 22, 2004 at 06:18:17:

I need a new data service down here in So FLorida too.

Realestateinfoworld.com comes out once a week, 15% of addresses entered come up not found, have to go to the county, get the parcel ID then it comes up. I started a trial period with realestat.com, they are really great, more expensive, but the data is real current and their site and info is way, way more sophisticated than what I am using now…bad part is that he is only in West Palm Beach county, Broward and Dade won’t be coming only line for six months.

Any other data providors down here? I haven’t been able to find any.

fastforclosure.com was looking good, but went belly up.

Data Service Warning - Posted by Tom (GA)

Posted by Tom (GA) on January 21, 2004 at 18:11:57:

When buying real estate info from these service providers, you need to ask for and get in writing, how up to date the information is. Having just spent 3 months going back and forth with FARES and their Win2Data product, I have lost $900.

When I signed up I was told they update the info daily and they have local people that go to the courthouse to get the info (per the salesman, who never returns my calls.)

Well, my how things change once they have your money. They wait for the info to be sent to them from the courthouse and don’t have employees retrieving the info. My county (Cherokee County, GA) is 7 months late in getting the info to FARES. Running comps is worthless.

So I am denied even a partial refund. When I asked if they will tell future customers that the data is old, the reply was “No, we tell tell them we have the most current info available.”

So, beware.

Tom

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on January 22, 2004 at 07:58:57:

Yeah I tried win2data about a year ago. Signed up and ran a comp before I found that they are totally useless in NJ. Demanded and received a full refund.

I then tried them 6 mos. later when I found out that they now cover NJ. But this time i had them send me a sample comp of a property I bought and sold. It was seriously outdated and I declined.

The best advice is for people to ask for a sample of THEIR area FIRST.

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on January 22, 2004 at 07:14:48:

Tom,
I don’t know about Cherokee county, but I work in Fulton county and they’re about 7 months behind in recording. Of course noone can get data, untile it’s recorded. So, for that county it’s not win2data’s fault at all. I suspect it’s the same situation in Cherokee County.

michaela

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by chris-atl on January 21, 2004 at 19:09:13:

I agree. Win2Data isn’t all that. Luckily my contract is up now, so I am switching to SiteXdata.

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on January 21, 2004 at 21:18:16:

Chris, have you seen their price schedules ?

SiteXpensivedata

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by joe

Posted by joe on January 21, 2004 at 21:22:11:

I don’t like Win2Data either. Does SiteX allow overlaying of ownership data on the tax maps like map merge does?

Re: Data Service Warning - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on January 21, 2004 at 21:33:24:

Tell me more about this map merge feature ?

What is it and how do you make practical use of it ?

Who has it ?

What don’t you like about Win2 ?