Dancing with Fleas! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on June 28, 2001 at 11:41:39:

Ben,
Thanks for the tip… That beats wearing long pants all the time.

Mark

Dancing with Fleas! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on June 27, 2001 at 16:08:17:

As you all know in this business you can run into the unexpected at any time not mentioned in any Real Estate course you may read.

Well here is one of these unexpected incidents;

I was making offers through the MLS via Steve Cooks Method.

Anyway one of my offers apparently went to a tired landlord and through the Realtors the counter offer came back asking if I would be interested in purchasing not one but all 4 of their rental units as a package offer.

After driving by them, I made an offer with the only contingency being an inspection of the interior before a final contract price. They were reluctant but interested so I knew we were in the ball park.

I already had someone interested to wholesale them too so I told him to meet me out there with my Realtor and we would go through them together.

So we meet my Realtor at the first home that is currently rented, It looks good. On to the next one, my Realtor opens the door we all walk in, this one is vacant. We are all walking around inside talking and making mental notes.

Now mind you, it is hot so I have shorts on and the guy that I want to wholsale to has shorts on too. But, my Realtor has black pants on. I said to her you got to be roasting. She said she has been at this too long and there is a reason why she wears pants to show a property.

She no sooner said that and I felt my legs itching. I looked down to see hundreds of fleas on each one of my legs. I mean I was fresh meat to these things that have not had anything to feed off for some time with the house being empty. My eyes got real big and I just ran out of there kicking and jumping around and trying to scrape the fleas of my legs.

Remembering my wholsale guy is still in the house I run back to the door and I yell for him to come out of the house. He comes out and sure enough he has them all over him too. I pointed at his legs and he looked down and started jumping around along with me trying to get these things off.

So here you have two grown men doing this funny dance in the front yard as my Realtor is laughing hystericaly watching us jump around like a couple of crazed idoits trying to get these little varmits off our legs.

Funny thing is this is the second time this has happened to me looking at houses. You would think I would learn. Maybe one more time and I’ll get it…LOL

Mark

Too funny! You helped me learn a lesson today! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on June 28, 2001 at 13:31:58:

Re: Dancing with Fleas! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on June 27, 2001 at 19:41:13:

Hey Mark,

More fleas means less price on your offer. LOL. Great story. Hope you get the place.

Re: Dancing with Fleas! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on June 28, 2001 at 08:40:29:

Thanks Phil,
Our legs are finally healing nicely and yes we did get the Deal, all 4 of them.

Mark

Throw in a towel… - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on June 28, 2001 at 11:29:43:

Hungry fleas jump on the first thing through the door. In the future, open the door to a vacant house, and toss in a white towel, hanky, or napkin.