Creating Mini MHP - Posted by BB

Posted by Tony Colella on July 01, 2011 at 19:51:23:

Most (nearly all) my properties are on septic systems and in small parks like mine it is common for 2 homes to be on one system and hopefully the system was designed that way. Older parks may not have been designed that way but may be holding up, you never know.

The key is having sufficient repair space available on the property to add a field if one should fail, otherwise you lose the spot which costs you dearly.

In my county they require all new development to have an equal amount of repair field (and it has to be useable land) to the size of the system. This can eat up a lot of land in my mountain area.

Your local department of environmental health of similar name can tell you exactly what your area requires. Try calling the inspections/permitting divisions in your area if you can’t find a similar name. They can point you in the right direction.

Tony

Creating Mini MHP - Posted by BB

Posted by BB on July 01, 2011 at 17:59:15:

Back in March, I looked at purchasing a small six unit MHP here in Central Alabama. The sewer system was two mobile homes on one septic tank. I checked with the state health department in the MHP’s county and they said that was OK. I decided to not purchase the park for a reason not related to the sewer situation.

If you have a MHP which uses septic tanks for waste removal, how is it configured?