Creating a note for myself.... - Posted by Bruce W.

Posted by Bruce W. on March 17, 2003 at 15:13:28:

Thanks for the info., I didn’t know it was that easy, thanks again, that’s why I love this site so much!

Bruce

Creating a note for myself… - Posted by Bruce W.

Posted by Bruce W. on March 12, 2003 at 07:52:42:

I am selling my house to my neighbor, he is going to buy it from me “as is”, and we’ve agreed on a price $3000 below what I owe on it. So at closing he will pay the full payoff, but he agreed to take back a note for the $3000 payable in a 3 month balloon. I also want it structured that I will pay him a small monthly payment for 3 months, say $250 that will go toward the $3000 so when the balloon payment comes, I will only owe $2250. He wants me to write it up so that he can sign it, except I’ve never written one before. What are the key features I have to have to protect him and myself?? Or is there an example around that I could copy and use? Thanks in advance for any information.

Bruce

Re: Creating a note for myself… - Posted by Don Dion

Posted by Don Dion on March 15, 2003 at 17:52:03:

GO to office depot , staples or office max and get the pre printed legal forms. You can add your minor changes on preset lines in the forms.

Re: Creating a note for myself… - Posted by Steve in San Fran

Posted by Steve in San Fran on March 12, 2003 at 15:02:40:

Check out www.nolo.com – they have lots of standard legal forms that you can buy inexpensively & download and print.